Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mbgm5wb2 View Post
    Thanks Ramon and ADR147,

I have used Blue Diamonds in the past and some Elks as well. I wanted to try a laminated tip, any suggestions?

ADR147, I know that you speak very highly of the BD+ tips, are they made of Buffalo hide?
    yes they are - you can get calf skin laminated tips but there is a reason most are made from pig skin!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

(fingers crossed), what about your tips ADR147?

Comment

Thanks Ramon and ADR147,

I have used Blue Diamonds in the past and some Elks as well. I wanted to try a laminated tip, any suggestions?
        ADR147, I know that you speak very highly of the BD+ tips, are they made of Buffalo hide?
        IMO,,, ADR laminated tips are the best !! I play with the soft one and playblty is perfect !! good CB respons and consistent !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          IMO,,, ADR laminated tips are the best !! I play with the soft one and playblty is perfect !! good CB respons and consistent !!
          they are, but they are also made of dyed pig skin.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            they are, but they are also made of dyed pig skin.
            haha,, yeah, i know that Andrew. The problem is , mbgm is looking for a laminated tip with a good playblty ( Not made from pig skin ). Well , i think that's gonna be a very difficult job to find one !!
            some how , i hope i can change his mind !!!

Comment

Awesome, thank you gentlemen.

Haha appreciate that Ramon, and honestly I have only heard good things about ADR147's tips. Just have a few limitations of my own so for now I think I'll get some BD+ tips from ADR147.

Comment

Haha appreciate that Ramon, and honestly I have only heard good things about ADR147's tips. Just have a few limitations of my own so for now I think I'll get some BD+ tips from ADR147.
                i have a couple of the calf sking tips i was send as samples but they are not great.

Comment

All i want is you get the best , my friend. I would say contact adr and u get the best deal. Is a great guy to deal with.
                  hope you enjoy ur game and wish you a 147 break !!!

Comment

Thanks Ramon you are a gentleman. Appreciate that and the kind wishes, I wish you the same.

I'll bug ADR147 with a request lol. I am based in the USA now so I hope he does international shipping.

Comment

Thanks Ramon you are a gentleman. Appreciate that and the kind wishes, I wish you the same.

I'll bug ADR147 with a request lol. I am based in the USA now so I hope he does international shipping.
                      International ??? He even send this kind of stuff to other planets !!!!!

Comment

For me guys I have used diamond plus and think they are the best pressed tip out there.
                        Used Elks for years but never again way too soft and very inconsistent now wouldn't give
                        them the time of day anymore. Currently using phoenix soft and they are superb fit my game
                        perfect have tried the mediums but a little too firm for me.

Comment

Still confusing watching people preferring laminated tips has the snooker scene gone mad.

Comment

That's interplanetary

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              Still confusing watching people preferring laminated tips has the snooker scene gone mad.
                              Nope, just some laminated tips are very very good

Comment

I guess i know the reason why the Pros use Elks and why we find it nightmarish to get a decent one.
                                The Pros get their tips refitted/selected by some of the best cue makes in the world and they (Cue makers) invest considerable time in selecting the best Elks, BD's, or even Laminated tips for the pros, whereas the normal folks like us have to sift through boxes of Elks or wish that our Laminated Tips do not de-laminate or simply break-off.

Comment

Working...
                                X