Elk alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Mine collapsed to the side Neil, it looked like the leaning tower of Pisa, I can't even blame my poor fitting technique as Dave Couttes fitted it.
    Although it was only a sample of one lol, but for the price compared to a normal elk ,they should all be of good quality.
    They can press elks to make em harder but if the leather is a load of fluff, the fluff will soon come back and so it deforms after a while, that's the problem with elks, not just hardness but the inconsistency of the hide they use; tips are pressed out of the crap sections as well as the good. This is why 90% are rubbish. Press em all day but the material will still be rubbish, just harder. But to be fair to Tweetens, that's how they keep the price down to 25p. For Joe bloggs down the pub playing pool, it doesn't matter, he probably doesn't notice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
      Hey guys looking for any recommendations on an alternative of using an elk sick of the tip going very hard and seemed to be miscueing more often. My cue shaft is very stiff would a softer tip suit better.

Thanks
      Try a BD+. Great tip and cheap.

Comment

no, not all elks are the same hardness

Comment

They come in 3 different types

Spongy ...... Crumbly ......and good

I usually get the first two so just gave up

Comment

Working...
          X