Price survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Yes it can! I would suggest I've experimented with more tips and chalks than virtually anyone around here, and tips that are prone to glazing can be saved with a good chalk, ie kamui. Kamui even works great on the 7 or 8 phenolic tips I've used - try getting silver cup to stick to those, not going to happen. You can even screw balls pretty easily with kamui on a phenolic tip.
    It's a snooker site mate, educate yourself, we don't use phenolic tips for breaking. :biggrin-new:

Ronnie, like many, tried Kamui, he doesn't use it now! And he's got 20m quid. I wonder why?! Educate yourself mate. lol

@Shockerz, Talisman tips do not miscue if chalked well. They are trickier than Kamui w.r.t. chalking IME but I've fitted dozens of them and players get on fine with them. Just use Triangle Spruce or Master's Blue. Chalk every shot, it's the downside to laminates I'm afraid. This guy is just useless, even with a pool cue and 5 inch pockets.
    Last edited by focus; 7 March 2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

This is yet another example where you simply lack enough experience to properly comment.

Educate yourself, lad.
      Tried just about every tip going, even tried your beloved kamui chalk, doesn't lend itself to snooker at all, snooker players are quite ritual in how they chalk and don't require a product that advertises itself as going a full frame without chalking. The reason your tip won't glaze is because of the build up of the almost putty like chalk, I bet you'd still miscuing just as much? Maybe the £20 would be better spent on coaching as there is clearly a problem with your action, I fear you are trying to buy the solution rather than put the work in?
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
        Tried just about every tip going, even tried your beloved kamui chalk, doesn't lend itself to snooker at all, snooker players are quite ritual in how they chalk and don't require a product that advertises itself as going a full frame without chalking. The reason your tip won't glaze is because of the build up of the almost putty like chalk, I bet you'd still miscuing just as much? Maybe the £20 would be better spent on coaching as there is clearly a problem with your action, I fear you are trying to buy the solution rather than put the work in?
        A truism I'm fond of: some people aren't good enough to miscue.

Comment

A truism I'm fond of: some people aren't good enough to miscue.
          I miscue constantly but I don't blame tweetens!

Comment

Amazing how Ronnie can win a Worlds with a Talisman tip on his cue. He did well to win with all those miscues!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              did you mean Triangle Green first time
              and Triangle Spruce second?
              No, I use Spruce on everything. I imported two dozen from the States. I may try Masters Blue next, A WS coach or two recommend it. Light green doesn't grip leather properly. Even Triangle blue and dark blue are better than Triangle light green.

Comment

Then you blame your stroke. Quite right, too. One day you'll not be able to. One day...

Comment

Then you blame your stroke. Quite right, too. One day you'll not be able to. One day...
                  He's got more chance of that day coming than you fella. I'm thinking lotto probabilities here...........

Comment

My action is horrific, even more so when I've had a drink, in fact I rarely play sober, I only commit to solo practice in summer as its the only time I have spare time and I have settled at my level as I play socially with my dad and fear if I get to far ahead of him it will ruin the enjoyment we both get from a knock. I love cues and tinkering with them and have a true passion for the history of the game. I don't claim to be an expert in the game, but if I have relevant knowledge I will pass it on.
                    Now to you, you don't seem to know anything of the game yet you continue to mock everyone on here who could not only out play you but could probably even tell you where you are going wrong if you would only have the grace to admit your standard and listen instead of mocking.
                    I have asked before and I ask again, what do you add to this forum and may I also ask what do you want from it? Do you merely crave the attention of others to make up for a lack of nurture or real life friends or is it more of a Napoleon syndrome hiding behind a keyboard trying to get one up on others once you've had time to google an appropriate response?
                    I genuinely am interested to know what fuels someone of above average intelligence, sorry if I'm being over generous, to act in the way you do spending so much time on these sites and wasting so much time and energy for zero return?

Comment

Tried kamui chalk ....found it garbage

Comment

Well, i have been guilty of spending a lot on tips as well as chalks.
                        It was more to do with experimenting rather than foolish spending.
                        I have bought expensive tips like the Kamui for about 10 GBP and Kamui chalk for about 18-20 GBP.
                        It has not been a total failure, the kamui tip was not too good but the chalk - 1.21 B Maple color, made for snooker was amazing. No need to keep scrubbing the chalk all the time, just lightly touch up the tip and u are good to go for 10-12 normal shots. This has been my most extravagant investment in chalk and trust me, its worth it.
                        The chalk DOES NOT mark the cue ball or the baize and the grip on the layered tips is phenomenal. I have been using the chalk for almost a year now (11 months to be precise ),and only the the top layer of the chalk is diminished.
                        Last edited by hasan.rashid14; 25 January 2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I only use Elks now so don't spend much on tips, but i've previously spent £15 on 3 Talisman soft tips which I thought were rubbish.
                          If a tip looked great and is guaranteed to play well i'd spend £15 on one.

I've not bought chalk in years, just swap my old pieces for the club's new ones now and again!
                          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I'd pay £20 for a tip and no way I'd pay over 50p for chalk!
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

only reason i payed more than i should for tips is curiosity, I am always wondering if it could be the one. lol My curiosity as not made me pay more for chalk, I am after all a little level headed. For me after spending way too much on tips 1.50 dollars for tip and 1.00 dollars for chalk. Cheers
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X