'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arr Surbiton Town....should be a cannon fodder lol
    Wish I was playing as missed last few league matches with an injured shoulder but been out of knick since Xmas break any how's
    See you Thursday then mate.
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Not yet , but will have them by Thursday .Just not for me to use tomorrow
      What time did you give up waiting by the door for postie?
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Turned up today . Had a quick look , the chalk looks darker than normal triangle chalk.
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Turned up today . Had a quick look , the chalk looks darker than normal triangle chalk.
          Any chance of a comparison pic?

Comment

yep - prices are very high, even trade prices look a bit mental!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              yep - prices are very high, even trade prices look a bit mental!
              But it's worth it imo . I do'nt play with press tips , just tried a few shots with it last week and there is a big difference between those and normal elks. they are far more consistent. just like a good talisman Or MW super tip, which gonna cost you about the same price .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                But it's worth it imo . I do'nt play with press tips , just tried a few shots with it last week and there is a big difference between those and normal elks. they are far more consistent. just like a good talisman Or MW super tip, which gonna cost you about the same price .
                What would be the equivalent of the old Ronnie tip, soft medium or hard?

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                  What would be the equivalent of the old Ronnie tip, soft medium or hard?

hard to tell. last time I tried one of those Ronni tips, were last year (we orderd a Praram cue the cue was tiped with One Of Those Ronni tips). i do'nt use press tips, my brother is playing with them. you could rate Those new ones as M-H. They re good players.
                  Of course, a good BDP does the same work imo. You just gonna have to re-tip the cue more often .
                  To be honest we got this one for free ( sent from US ) . But if Sumone can afford to buy them , why not give it a try .

Comment

just over a fiver each at trade for a pressed tip is insane. That said - if they are selling at £7 each and people like them enough .............

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      just over a fiver each at trade for a pressed tip is insane. That said - if they are selling at £7 each and people like them enough .............
                      Lot of stock to hold with all the different sizes, never understood the point of buying a 9.5mm tip, so hard to line up, unless I'm just being cack handed?

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                        Lot of stock to hold with all the different sizes, never understood the point of buying a 9.5mm tip, so hard to line up, unless I'm just being cack handed?
                        also the margin at £2 a tip less costs is surely a waste of time. hence in lots of three only.

Comment

Well tried it last night , and have to say that i like it .

Been playing the game [ or should say trying !! ] for about 30 years , so know a bit but not much .

To me and my limited knowledge it did appear to grip better , i have to admit that i played slightly better than i normally do . So unsure if that was a factor .

I took a picture to compare with the other Triangle chalk , but can't upload it . The colour i would describe as a green/grey . Very similar to the 'Spruce ' Chalk in colour .

Did briefly change earlier in the year to Master Chalk but the residue off of that was unreal , far too dusty .

This chalk doesn't do that .

The tip i am currently using is one of the original ' Ronnie ' Tips .....on it's way out . So getting one of the newer tips put on it this week .

So i am converted

Comment

Sounds good Neil! What's the texture like when chalking compared to master & triangle?
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Same as Triangle Dan , far better than Master . Which as I said left far too much dust residue for my liking .

Comment

Same as Triangle Dan , far better than Master . Which as I said left far too much dust residue for my liking .
                                Neil, I read on one the FB pages that the chalk was 'heavily' marking the CB, notice anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X