No announcement yet.

'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some marks Rob but wouldn't say heavily , only because it is darker probably more noticeable . But it was also quite warm in the room that I played in .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Interesting, I prefer Master to Triangle myself.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        Some marks Rob but wouldn't say heavily , only because it is darker probably more noticeable . But it was also quite warm in the room that I played in .
        Cheers Neil- no doubt the slightly different colour must draw your eyes to it. He said heavily which I was sceptical about.
        Last edited by Rob153; 15 March 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I've got the hard tips and the chalk
          Got to say I like it, it marked the ball when I broke (pool) but not terrible, loads of grip and not a bad feel from a pressed tip and I dislike most pressed tips.
          It feels a bit like some milk duds I had once all in all not bad
          On a side note you off to the golden cue this year Rob?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
            Got to say I like it, it marked the ball when I broke (pool) but not terrible, loads of grip and not a bad feel from a pressed tip and I dislike most pressed tips.

Did the tip hold shape as well ?

Comment

Yes mate, got a few teams going this year from Berkshire so hopefully will do well. Was up at the inter county finals the other week, unfortunately lost in the final to Devon, would of been nice to retain our title

Comment

Yes it held up fairly well shape wise but remember I do use the hard tips
                We're all booked up to go again
                My once Yearly foray into world rules other than that it's all blackball

Comment

Ah thanks Mick, if I buy they will be soft tips - I'll keep looking for reviews.... Cheers.

Comment

Yes it held up fairly well shape wise but remember I do use the hard tips
                    We're all booked up to go again
                    My once Yearly foray into world rules other than that it's all blackball
                    Lol, at least you're playing 'proper' rules once a year Mick

Comment

Any chance of an update from those of you that have or are using the new tips and chalk?
                      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I saw a little difference in feel.with the tip I used. It's just a case of getting used to it. Like any tip once you tune in its ok. The Ronnie tip I really like but ill always like the blue diamonds
                        Always a pleasure

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                          Any chance of an update from those of you that have or are using the new tips and chalk?
                          Getting on great with them both . Seem to be hitting the ball better but I have started to play a bit more .
                          Also appear to get more control on slower shots than before .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Getting on great with them both . Seem to be hitting the ball better but I have started to play a bit more .
                            Also appear to get more control on slower shots than before .
                            I've only seen one comprehensive review on Facebook of the chalk, slated it, miscues galore and marked the hell out of the white and cloth. Perhaps they complement each other, anyone tried the chalk with other tips?
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I have been using the chalk for a couple of weeks on a Wooldridge Blackspin tip, which is quite hard. I find I get better grip than with Green Triangle or Master. It does mark the cue ball a lot though and I get way more kicks. Not sure if I will be sticking or passing when this block wears out.

Comment

I only cleaned the white once in 10 frames using this chalk . And as i said , we only had 1 noticeable kick in those 10 frames .

Comment

Working...
                                X