Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed tip again ! Got Robert Osborne to put on a soft Elkmaster Pro

image.jpeg
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell
      Changed tip again ! Got Robert Osborne to put on a soft Elkmaster Pro

[ATTACH]18513[/ATTACH]
      TSF didn't last long then Neil
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Tip was ok , for some reason I'm changing them all the time at the moment .

I've found 2 tan ADR tips Dan . One is soft the other is medium .

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Tip was ok , for some reason I'm changing them all the time at the moment .

I've found 2 tan ADR tips Dan . One is soft the other is medium .
          Lol, there's too much choice out there now promising this and that...but better & cheaper than keep on changing cues though lol:stupid:
          That's good news regarding the ADR tips as will have those please buddy.
          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• In my experience, the Elk Pro tips go at least a grade harder after a small amount of play. My Medium went to a Hard after about a week or two. My Soft deformed badly for three sessions and needed reshaping each time. Once it settled down it went to a Medium or even Medium Hard grade. That was inside a week.

Comment

• Same thing happened with the medium one that I put on after exactly the same amount of time.

But that was the 2nd one that I had put on . The first one was fine ???

Comment

• The batches vary. The batch numbers are on the back of the box, but if you buy a single, you can't tell.

Comment

• Batch number on my 10mm soft ones is ......L6070 .

Will see how these get on .

Comment

Same thing happened with the medium one that I put on after exactly the same amount of time.

But that was the 2nd one that I had put on . The first one was fine ???
                    This tip consistency issue seems ridiculous, it was something I never once had to be concerned about. It was bad enough changing a tip when 99% were good. All in the name of profit?
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      This tip consistency issue seems ridiculous, it was something I never once had to be concerned about. It was bad enough changing a tip when 99% were good. All in the name of profit?
                      imagine what it must be like when you sell tips for a living!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        imagine what it must be like when you sell tips for a living!
                        At least you'll never get complaints about your cues. ; )
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Batch number on my 10mm soft ones is ......L6070 .

Will see how these get on .
                          I think that's an early batch Neil, so you should be okay. I'm on 10.5mm Soft and L6117 and they go medium hard in a week.

Comment

• Just want to share these tips with the members here!

I have played snooker for longer than i can remember.. and i've played with every tip imaginable!

These tips are great.. can't comment on longevity as yet.. but... they play/sound like the old Elk/Blue Diamond... but have the playing characteristics of the harder layered tips.. ie spin and side and cue ball grip!

Simon Bedford tried one on a cue he was just borrowing to try and made a max 'on a lineup' and said it was the best tip he'd played with!

Anyway.. the best thing is less than £4 for a box of 50... worth buying just to try!

I think they are fantastic!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-50p...q_NDbrOA4Ov_fg

Comment

• Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
                              Just want to share these tips with the members here!

I have played snooker for longer than i can remember.. and i've played with every tip imaginable!

These tips are great.. can't comment on longevity as yet.. but... they play/sound like the old Elk/Blue Diamond... but have the playing characteristics of the harder layered tips.. ie spin and side and cue ball grip!

Simon Bedford tried one on a cue he was just borrowing to try and made a max 'on a lineup' and said it was the best tip he'd played with!

Anyway.. the best thing is less than £4 for a box of 50... worth buying just to try!

I think they are fantastic!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-50p...q_NDbrOA4Ov_fg
                              cheapest thing I have ever seen - bet they are the same as the elk copies.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• I must admit that I bought a pack of these as I re tip many cues for team members in both snooker and pool. One team mate who is a regular 70+ snooker player loved them and bought a box himself afterwards. I myself put one on instead of elks that I use normally and found them just as good. A pool player whos cue I tipped was not as impressed but I told him what it was and the price before he tried it so it could be in the mind that it is only a 7p tip?

Comment

Working...
                                X