No announcement yet.

Another ball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had problems putting pics up on here, but I'll see if I can photobucket some.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I've always had problems putting pics up on here, but I'll see if I can photobucket some.
      I always use photobucket, and "copy" the IMG code to past into the TSF post
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Comment

Well that nearly worked

Comment

worrying that the ebay advert had totally different images, that is not good practise.
            ie. this is not what you saw and wanted to buy.
            others will probably know more, but to me this box looks like BCE under licence actual Super Crystalate material balls, not modern Aramith PR SuperC balls.
            hopefully some one may know and pop up
            Last edited by DeanH; 12 January 2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Judging by the colour of the blue it's the same balls as the ebay ad, just in a different box, don't know if I'd get away with a "not as described" also if vmax is to be believed I have a better set of balls.

Comment

Yes that's not the box in the eBay listing, don't know how you would stand as iirc he said he couldn't vouch for the balls, but still a bit dodgy to make you think you were taking a punt on one type of ball but you end up getting another.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The box you have there jonny is a set of SC's made after Aramith bought out the Composite Billiard Ball Company. The original SC's came in this box

The modern Aramith SC's that are in fact phenolic resin and the same as TC's come in this box

Now that's just the boxes, what you actually have in the box I wouldn't know, but if you have a set of SC's they will make a noticeably sharper harder click on contact than the Aramith phenolic resin balls.

Comment

Well I'm taking them to the club tonight and if I don't make at least 3 tons with them they are obviously.... a set of snooker balls

It'll be nice to play with a set that don't have plook marks all over them anyway.

Comment

IMG_20170112_192414.jpg

I'd like to share this picture with you guys

We did a weighting session at the club for their ball sets. They are all ATC, a few years (i think 3-5) old - and have been in regular use.
                      The weight distribution is 138.3g for the lightest white on the far left to 142.3g for the heaviest green on the right.

5 other ATC sets used only for tournaments (3 years old, only used for tournaments) showed a distribution with similar tendencies, but with the whites still heavier than 140g, the other balls maybe averaging 0.5g heavier.

What I interpret from it:

- After 5 years, sets are likely to not comply with the 3g difference stated in the rules (white vs. green / brown)
                      - No one likes to pot green / brown

Comment

My pro cup Billiard balls are

White = 141.38g
                        Red = 141.45g
                        Yellow = 141.43g

Happy with 0.07g variance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Redphex View Post
                          [ATTACH]18608[/ATTACH]

I'd like to share this picture with you guys

We did a weighting session at the club for their ball sets. They are all ATC, a few years (i think 3-5) old - and have been in regular use.
                          The weight distribution is 138.3g for the lightest white on the far left to 142.3g for the heaviest green on the right.

5 other ATC sets used only for tournaments (3 years old, only used for tournaments) showed a distribution with similar tendencies, but with the whites still heavier than 140g, the other balls maybe averaging 0.5g heavier.

What I interpret from it:

- After 5 years, sets are likely to not comply with the 3g difference stated in the rules (white vs. green / brown)
                          - No one likes to pot green / brown

What was the set weight range of the regularly used sets?
                          I might do the same down my social - when it is really quiet

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/aramith-sn...sAAOSw4DJYlJLG
                            Last edited by lennon11; 3 February 2017, 02:42 PM.
                            H.b.142

Comment

Working...
                            X