TAOM.CHAlk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    the chalk has just been discussed on Eurosport, so that means a mass surge of orders :wink:
    Missed that dean what did they say about it ?
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      "oh I see many of the players using this Finnish chalk, they seem to like it, appears to have less kicks" stuff like that
      all very positive for the chalk but then Mike Hallett(?) then said "oh does that look like a new cue that Stuart is using?" so they are very observant :wink:
      [Stuart has been using it for most of this season so far ]
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        Still lovin the TAOM chalk Stevie? I've ordered a piece off their website, silly money but I was bored and wanted a "present to self" in the post! 😉
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Still lovin the TAOM chalk Stevie? I've ordered a piece off their website, silly money but I was bored and wanted a "present to self" in the post! ��
          Yes pall.thanks its good stuff a we presant for you to look forwerd to
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            "oh I see many of the players using this Finnish chalk, they seem to like it, appears to have less kicks" stuff like that
            all very positive for the chalk but then Mike Hallett(?) then said "oh does that look like a new cue that Stuart is using?" so they are very observant :wink:
            [Stuart has been using it for most of this season so far ]
            Thanks Dean pall
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Any one make a round magnetic chalk holder for this chalk yet.....???
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                I've improvised one from a fridge magnet and a section of toilet roll. Should be lookin good down the club! 😎
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Did you get a Blue Peter badge ??

Was thinking of seeing if it fitted in my Maximus chalk holder , screw through the side with the Allen key . It may work .

Comment

Was thinking of seeing if it fitted in my Maximus chalk holder , screw through the side with the Allen key . It may work .
                    Just glue a flat piece of metal to the bottom of the chalk

Comment

I have not found the grip any less - at least not with my tips.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I'm not sure how practical you are, but I would do this...

1. Sand off the paper on the base of the chalk on a flat surface.

2. Find & cut a thin piece of metal (1/2mm thick) to the size of around 10mm square, then sand off all the sharpe edges.

3. Spread superglue (I use Loctite 406) on the whole base when you glue the tiny piece of metal to the chalk otherwise you'll find the paper on the side of the chalk will start coming off.

You can always wrap insulation tape around the side of the chalk to finish the job off to stop this problem.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Like your idea , but at £15 each ......I reckon I would ruin 5 before I got it right !

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                            I'm not sure how practical you are, but I would do this...

1. Sand off the paper on the base of the chalk on a flat surface.

2. Find & cut a thin piece of metal (1/2mm thick) to the size of around 10mm square, then sand off all the sharpe edges.

3. Spread superglue (I use Loctite 406) on the whole base when you glue the tiny piece of metal to the chalk otherwise you'll find the paper on the side of the chalk will start coming off.

You can always wrap insulation tape around the side of the chalk to finish the job off to stop this problem.

Hope this helps.
                            I like the insulation tape idea. I used to do that on square blocks so will work well on a round block. Should mean you get to use all of it. I don’t mind covering the name up, I don’t really want anyone to know I paid £15 for chalk! Might lock me in the nut house! Lol.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              I like the insulation tape idea. I used to do that on square blocks so will work well on a round block. Should mean you get to use all of it. I don’t mind covering the name up, I don’t really want anyone to know I paid £15 for chalk! Might lock me in the nut house! Lol.
                              Yep, it's a win win Lol!
                              I'm gonna wait until they're hopefully a pound a pop sometime next year

Comment

There’s always a leather chalk pouch Neil:encouragement:
                                VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                                Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                                Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                                Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Working...
                                X