No announcement yet.

TAOM.CHAlk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tried this chalk with a pro granite tip? If the pro granite tip grips too much and the taom chalk doesn't grip enough, it might be a match made in heaven

Comment

• I now have taom back in stock - possibly not for long because I am still selling at £15 a block.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Thanks adr I just bought 2 blocks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Lloydjenks84 View Post
          Thanks adr I just bought 2 blocks.
          good stuff.

Comment

• Thanks Andrew, i also bought 2 blocks as well.
            If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Powerbus786 View Post
              Thanks Andrew, i also bought 2 blocks as well.
              yeah and I think it has all gone! - should have asked £25 a block!

Comment

• I've been using this for about a month now ...it's really good .

However ...I know nobody else has this problem ...but for me it is very aggressive on the tip . Definetly noticeable wearing away of the tip for me (Phoenix medium red )

Comment

• I saw a bit on TV yesterday, and to me it looks like it's a much better match to the colour of the cloth, which would explain the lack of chalk marks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    I saw a bit on TV yesterday, and to me it looks like it's a much better match to the colour of the cloth, which would explain the lack of chalk marks.
                    Nah have you seen it in real life ? It's not even close

Comment

• Used it yesterday, love the feel of it. Difficult to cake the tip with it. But cost is stupid. Not paying £15 or £25 on eBay!

Comment

• TAOM.CHAlk

its more visible on the cloth than your average masters and triangles. and about wearing tips, at least you no longer need constant scuffing with sandpaper... i bought my first taom chalk about 9months ago and still using the same block. though used triangle for a short period in between as i sort of didn't like it too much first.

Comment

• Well I was going to order some.

However I saw some really bad miscues over the last couple of tournaments and was a little put off.

Last tournament I saw ROS actually swap his chalk. He did this again the other day.

Watched his interview and he was quizzed about it he said he had been using the new chalk but switched to triangle as its the guvnor

Think I'll stick with the triangle

Comment

• Davis and Doherty were discussing last night in commentary. Davis doesn't like it; Ken does. Personal choice I guess

Comment

• Ronnie’s back on the Triangle I see today.
                              VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                              Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                              Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                              Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Having seen a fair amount of the UK I'd say a lot of this is due to improving playing conditions more than anything and its a coincidence that players are trying this chalk and that's why they are saying its so good.

I have seen some big kicks in this event with players using the chalk and also saw a few big bounces off cushions. However for the last few seasons I think conditions have been very good with regards kicks, watch any match during the last world championships and you will see how good conditions were and hardly any kicks or bounces.

Also I'm a big advocate that bad cueing is primarily the main cause of kicks, if you aren't cueing smoothly you are in effect bouncing the cue ball and if its bouncing at the point of contact on the object ball then usually the contact tends to be dull causing the balls to go off their intended line. If you tell someone the chalk works you tend to feel more confident in your cueing thus less tension which means a smoother delivery hence less kicks. That's my belief anyway. Until its scientifically proven this chalk reduces kicks in a lab comared to triangle, I'll stick with my theory and save myself £15 a block for the pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                                X