No announcement yet.

Question re snooker glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started to suffer from severe dry eyes, so they were like wearing sandpaper in the end unfortunately. Wish i could go back to them. I tried every lens on the market from cheapest to some that were over £100 and nothing worked

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
      I started to suffer from severe dry eyes, so they were like wearing sandpaper in the end unfortunately. Wish i could go back to them. I tried every lens on the market from cheapest to some that were over £100 and nothing worked
      Small world. I am having tests for what's causing my dry eyes at the moment. I have regular drops to help, soon to be oil at night and also additional contact lens fluid.

They all seem to help whilst trying to find the cause.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

If you guys haven't looked into gas permeable lenses those are what my opticians advised if I wanted the best experience for snooker.

Comment

Hi, Chelon.
          I,ve been playing with rimless snooker glasses for years and never had any of those issues. they are more expensive than your type but worth every penny. I strongly recommend you to try them out.the extra cash you,ll pay will be well worth it in the end.

Comment

what are gas permeable lenses.i,ve never heard of them. could you maybe post a link to whoever sells them so Icould see an example.

Comment

Originally Posted by wullie1952 View Post
              what are gas permeable lenses.i,ve never heard of them. could you maybe post a link to whoever sells them so Icould see an example.
              traditional contact lenses are the "hard", solid plastic and many people find them uncomfortable due to eye dryness and rubbing.
              soft contacts are very flexible dicks which do not rub a s much but can be fiddly to handle as they flip inside out and then don't work
              gas permeable are semi rigid plastic that allow air to transmit through small holes to allow the cornea to breathe and not go dry; these have been about for many years now, and any optician-shop that does contact lens will do them
              Please consult with your optician for more details and your compatibility
              Not every one can wear, or can handle to regime of contact lens use
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by wullie1952 View Post
                They are rigid lenses custom fit for you and you alone. They last a good few years. Have a search on Google. There are loads of links there

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Small world. I am having tests for what's causing my dry eyes at the moment. I have regular drops to help, soon to be oil at night and also additional contact lens fluid.

They all seem to help whilst trying to find the cause.
                  The probable cause is wearing contact lenses.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    The probable cause is wearing contact lenses.
                    I wish, I'd just get glasses if it were, I've been wearing contacts for 15 to 20 years without issue.

Apparently it may be a thing called "Sjogren's syndrome" so just waiting for confirmation as they've completed the tests. Ho Hum.

Comment

I've been wearing snooker specs (the ones with the hinge in the arms) for a few years and they were ok.

I have just had eye tests and new prescription and got new lens for them from my Opticians who tweaked the prescription for 10-12 and brought it in a bit so the cue and CB are clearer. This did involve putting on the old style thingy with lens being out in and out while I look at something about 12' away and holding a finger up. They also made sure the centre of the lens are higher in the frame as opposed to where my last ones were.

Tldr: it is more complicated thsn just having your prescription put in a big frame.

I've only played in them once and long balls are certainly clearer, but the depth perception may have changed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        I wish, I'd just get glasses if it were, I've been wearing contacts for 15 to 20 years without issue.
                        Same for me, no problems until I started to suffer an irritation in my left eye, like there was something on the inside of my left eyelid, I stopped wearing contacts and the irritation went away, wore contacts again and it came back so the contacts must have been causing it.
                        Long term use of something unnatural in your body will eventually lead to some sort of physical reaction.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Same for me, no problems until I started to suffer an irritation in my left eye, like there was something on the inside of my left eyelid, I stopped wearing contacts and the irritation went away, wore contacts again and it came back so the contacts must have been causing it.
                          Long term use of something unnatural in your body will eventually lead to some sort of physical reaction.
                          Couldn’t agree more Vmax. Putting foreign bodies into your body is not right. The body objects! Seen it in lots of things. Heart transplants etc. Silicon boob jobs and more recently mesh implants has been in the news. Not sure if the long term effects of wearing contacts is fully understood.
                          I tried contacts and thot they were brilliant, however, my eyeball developed large red veins. Wasn’t sore but I was starting to look like something out of a horror movie. Given that I only have good sight in one eye I didn’t want to take any chances. Reverted to snooker spex. Not perfect but you just have to do your best. Didn’t hold Dennis Taylor back that much lol.

Comment

Maybe Vmax. Now they have discovered what the problem was I just have them in for snooker, so 4 or 5 hours and if they are at all close to drying (which happens) I have another solution and I just put a single drop in there any any slight irritation is gone. I do use the water based daily disposables and the vision is superb.

I used to hate looking over the rim of my old glasses and for me the contacts have been a Godsend.

Idid do a blog on the various things if any one is interested and there is a link at the bottom for special made snooker glasses.
                            https://www.snookercrazy.com/dennis-...ooker-glasses/

Comment

Shockerz - PM sent - not sure if you have seen it
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
                                I bought a pair a few years ago from snookerspex. The glaze was terrible and they only worked if I was looking directly forward. As soon as I got down for the shot they would blur.
                                Hi hunter.

I'm Chris from snookerspex. I wish you had got in touch sooner, I'd be more than happy to put right any issues you may have with your snooker glasses. I pride myself on customer satisfaction! Perhaps give me a call in the week and let's get those glasses working as well as possible.

As regards supplying the hurricane when I dont recommend them, yes it's true. However there is a demand for them and for some people they work adequately. My main criticism is all the screws tend to work loose with time so you always end up having to re-adjust them. Practically they are ok, but I believe other models in my range are better designs.

If I can answer any questions please feel free to get in touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X