Question re snooker glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

He's an optician with a shop but if you can't travel to see him in person he asks you to send him your prescription along with two photographs of you down in your stance, one from directly in front so he can see where your vision centre is and one from side on so he can determine the angle your lenses need to be. If it's a bit out then you can send them back for adjustment. I did that with mine but they were still a bit out when returned so I adjusted them myself by using two sets of hand pliers, very easy to do and now they're spot on.
    He's about three hours from me, it's worth the trip I think if everything is sorted in the one go.
    Do they take a bit of getting used to, is your vision clear close up amongst the balls and on long shots? I tried contact lenses they were great close in but worse far away.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

He's about three hours from me, it's worth the trip I think if everything is sorted in the one go.
      Do they take a bit of getting used to, is your vision clear close up amongst the balls and on long shots? I tried contact lenses they were great close in but worse far away.
      If you already wear reading glasses then they don’t take that long . I would spend a bit of time by yourself first though so you maximize your table time with them .
      I would say it took me about a month before I didn’t notice them anymore. I couldn’t play without them now .

Both amongst the balls and long shots are clearer for me . I would say it’s the longer shots especially the thinner nicks back to safety that really benefit from before though .

It’s like playing in HD compared to SD is the best I can describe it(for me anyway) .

I like them that much I purchased two identical pairs in case one broke 😉

Comment

Cheers Starsky, much appreciated. The way I would describe my vision now is SD but with vasalin smeared on the screen.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

If you don't wear normal daily prescription glasses then they will take some getting used to, if you do then it will take about ten minutes for the brain to re-calculate the info it's receiving. After that it's instant focus as soon as you put them on. Clear vision at every distance, and like you I found contact lenses good close in but poor at distance, couldn't see a definite edge of the object ball.
          You could like me specify a prescription that gives you good vision within a certain range rather than a general prescription for everyday use, I plumped for three to twenty feet as you won't be looking any closer or further than that. In order to see a touching ball I need to take them off as I'm myopic anyway and don't need glasses for reading only for distance.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
          X