Witys cue cases.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witys cue cases.

Here's the cue cases I've made and will go on ebay soon.

I'd much apprecieate your comments and irrespective of wether you want one or not I'd love to see some posts saying what you would be prepared to pay for them if you were. I think I'll put them up for auction with a buy it now price, not decided yet though.

The tubes themselves are top grade polywhatucallit and come as white. I sand them and polish them to a nice pearly shine and they can be had painted or left white. Whites probably best but I've sprayed and lacquered some and they look great perticulary the VW metalic grey which I've been using for a couple of weeks now and it's not even scratched one bit besides being carried in taxis and on the bus.

They are as tough as hell. Even Heathrows baggage handlers will have problems busting them let alone the postman. We've held them like a baseball bat and battered them against the corner of a brick wall putting our all into it and hardly made a scratch in the plastic. I'd post a pic but it simply does not show. They are not indistructable though as I found when I put one against the wall at 45 degrees and sorta kung fu kicked it in half.

The base plug is hard plastic once in it's not going to come out unless you prise it out with a thin blade then a thicker one. They should last years as they are the sort they put into office chairs, those made of tubular steel.

Continued in next post...

Working up the tube there is foam inserted allowing a cue to drop/slide in unharmed. I recommend butt first unlike the old tin tubes which were tapered as tip first eventually leads to a gathering of chalkdust and a stained cue. The top cap is simply push on pull off and made of rubber.

Included is my 100% English leather patent pending anti rattle device.

If folks give me their exact cue measurements i'll cut the tubes to fit along with a piece of chalk inside or without.

Peradon I hear are debating how many thousands they are going to offer me for the patent .
    Needed though as the tubes are not tapered.

continued in next post....

Comment

The bags are a strong nylon, come in 6 different colours and fasten with velcro.

Being some 68 inches long and I cut them down and sew on a piece of webbing (that stuff like car seat belts) They hold two tubes perfectly

A handle is pointless as only a child would struggle to grip the bag but I've got plenty of the webbing stuff to make and sew one on if requested. Replacement bags I'll sell for a fiver including postage.

Peradon do a simlar one piece tube case On Ebay now and goes for £22 I'll be happy with that much for two and a bag.

edit.. I forgot to say...

If someone wants one for a 3/4 cue and extensions the only problem may be the thickness of their telescopic extension as the tubes are 32mm inside diameter. I've got two different makes of t/ext and both fit perfectly but there may be some around that are bigger (same applies to the cue butt thickness)
      oh and with a 3/4 length bag theres enough material over to add a pouch if wanted too. Ideal for keeping a cue tip kit and towel or mini butt whatever.

Comment

my initial thought is that a lot of effort has gone into this, and even though a lot of serious players would prefer a more solid case (ok the tubes are solid), i still reckon thered be a good market out there, if word got about. not just snooker, but in other cue sports, from grassroots upwards.

they look good. in fact very good, and they also look as if they could be personalised fairly easily too.

thanks for posting!!

Comment

Cheers Semih, The hardest bit was fnding a supply of the rubber caps, took me 5 weeks and gawd knows how many phone calls to fishing tackle shops, and I thought getting them was going to be the easiest part as I've bought them before for my pole ever so easily.
          Maybe pushing the fact that fishermen always keep their £1000+ carbon poles in plastic tubes and nylon bags will help.

Main thing is they are cheap, and very practicle. Ali case's dent very easily, and the fancy leather ones you have to handle with kid gloves and pay quite a bit for.

If anyone really wants a proper customised job doing though I know of a cracking airbrush artist...

http://www.artbyvision.com/mainpage.htm check out his zippo's they are ace.

Comment

Hi

These cases are quite good.
            I love thesnookerforum .

Comment

Wity, those cases look great.

Something I am wondering:

Since obviously shipping from UK to the United States west coast is a bit prohibitive, I am wondering if these tube cases could be made easily at home using materials available at a local hardware store (i.e. Home Depot out in these parts, I live about 1 mile from one). I really like your design
              "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

Thats exactly what I suggested for you here ten mins ago.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...t=13105&page=2

Comment

Nice idea, the only problem I can see is your market is limited to 1 piece cues unless people wouldn’t mind keeping their 3/4 together all the time. Love the idea of a custom paint job. Do they bend at all or are they very ridged?

Comment

I can cut them to size and the nylon bags to size also as with a 3/4 cue mini butt and extension you'll need two cut tubes and a bag really.

I've been using the yellow bag in which I've had a one piece cue. mini butt, hand towel. and my push on telescopic extension which wont fit in any other case on the market I know of.

Sold a couple to folks that have asked in the club but I really ought to get off my arse and get them on ebay.

Comment

You still got these going mate? I'd be interested if the price was right...
                      Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Originally Posted by Darth_Spud View Post
                        Nice idea, the only problem I can see is your market is limited to 1 piece cues unless people wouldn’t mind keeping their 3/4 together all the time. Love the idea of a custom paint job. Do they bend at all or are they very ridged?
                        knew I'd said it somewhere in this thread...
                        "They are as tough as hell. Even Heathrows baggage handlers will have problems busting them let alone the postman. We've held them like a baseball bat and battered them against the corner of a brick wall putting our all into it and hardly made a scratch in the plastic. I'd post a pic but it simply does not show. They are not indistructable though as I found when I put one against the wall at 45 degrees and sorta kung fu kicked it in half.
                        Would not dare trying that with my ali case.

Comment

Originally Posted by LWB View Post
                          You still got these going mate? I'd be interested if the price was right...

Hows £10 for a sanded and polished white one or £15 for a painted and lacqued one of your colour choice sound? or do you want two and a bag which i'll throw in for free.

I'll check the postage at royal mail.com in a mo think it was just under £4 last time I looked (for 1 tube)

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
                            Hows £10 for a sanded and polished white one or £15 for a painted and lacqued one of your colour choice sound? or do you want two and a bag which i'll throw in for free.

I'll check the postage at royal mail.com in a mo think it was just under £4 last time I looked (for 1 tube)
                            Ok well I'm curious to see what these are like so I'll just take the one for now, but get back to me about the postage.

I'd go with the VW metalic gray at your recommendation lol.
                            Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
                              I can cut them to size and the nylon bags to size also as with a 3/4 cue mini butt and extension you'll need two cut tubes and a bag really.

I've been using the yellow bag in which I've had a one piece cue. mini butt, hand towel. and my push on telescopic extension which wont fit in any other case on the market I know of.

Sold a couple to folks that have asked in the club but I really ought to get off my arse and get them on ebay.
                              I like the idea, I used to use a fishing rod case for my one piece. Itgot a bit troublesome when I had two extenstions made.
                              Now, i use a 3/4, with one long extenstion. I just want to know how the cue sits in the case--is it foam fitted, orwill the cue bang inside against the plastic or whatever material you are using?
                              How much are you selling these for?
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X