This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
    daft question but eny one got a pic of the wird wool so a get right kind?

If you don't want to go down the avenue of wire wool, then may i suggest micro-mesh its a little more expensive but it does the trick and does it very well, they use it in the aircraft industry to polish cockpit glass. can find it on ebay

Just found on ebay a 6inch x12inch piece of 12000 grade will cost 2.99 and it will last ages.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micromesh-...item1e78e54cae
    Last edited by luke-h; 23 March 2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

daft question but eny one got a pic of the wird wool so a get right kind?
      As long as its 0000 grade it doesn't really matter what make you buy. Personally use Liberon though as it was what was available lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        Stevie, haven't got a photo for you but if you search e-bay for "wire wool 0000" you'll see what it looks like. B&Q sell it as well. Looks a bit like a large Brillo pad, greyish in colour. I'm not sure what the best make is but maybe someone will advise. Important to get the grade 0000 stuff as it's fine.
        Thanks Bigmeek al have a look do you tape the cue up before a use it

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
          Stevie, haven't got a photo for you but if you search e-bay for "wire wool 0000" you'll see what it looks like. B&Q sell it as well. Looks a bit like a large Brillo pad, greyish in colour. I'm not sure what the best make is but maybe someone will advise. Important to get the grade 0000 stuff as it's fine.
          Thanks Bigmeek al have a look do you tape the cue up before a use it
          You could put a little masking tape below the ferrule but I usually don't. The wire wool is that fine it won't really damage the finish on the shaft, if it does lighten the colour slightly just put a little oil on the affected area

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            You could put a little masking tape below the ferrule but I usually don't. The wire wool is that fine it won't really damage the finish on the shaft, if it does lighten the colour slightly just put a little oil on the affected area
            Thanks Dave a have a old cue in the locker al try changing tip with a old cue first. Just to be safe

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
              Thanks Dave a have a old cue in the locker al try changing tip with a old cue first. Just to be safe
              Sensible man :-)

Comment

• 404 error.
                plz update the link..

Comment

• email me i will send you a copy - adr147@hotmail.com
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• only you can answer that if you're game improves with the layered stick to it if it gets worse go back to elk i played with kamui layered tip till recently found masters chalk sticks better tip came off last week though just bought adr147 tip can't wait to try that

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      what difference can a chopping block make? the only thing that splits the tips as far as i know is a blunter blade.

by the way anyone who write articals called the role of your soul is a bit suspect in my humble opinion! nick looks to me like you would not leave him alone with your children!!

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk
                      Wow, ya reckon? You got evidence for that claim? Folk have been banned for a lot less. Different rules for mods eh.
                      Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                        Wow, ya reckon? You got evidence for that claim? Folk have been banned for a lot less. Different rules for mods eh.
                        I remember reading this and with my warped sense of humour I thought it deserved to win post of the year lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                          Different rules when you are making a joke about your mate.

Comment

Different rules when you are making a joke about your mate.
                            Nic not posted on here since January, another loss to the forum. Coaching section needs a new lease of life. Maybe the new owners could take on a coach as a mod.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                              Nic not posted on here since January, another loss to the forum. Coaching section needs a new lease of life. Maybe the new owners could take on a coach as a mod.
                              why would they come on and get abused.

Comment

why would they come on and get abused.
                                Very few coaches, very few cue makers........a little bit sad for a snooker forum as it cuts a big chunk out of potential topics.
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X