Century g1 and g2 tips not holding chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century g1 and g2 tips not holding chalk

i have tried the century tips and I use triangle chalk but the tip won’t hold chalk and I miscue lots so I gone back to the Grand soft tips
    anyone else had this problem. ?

I tried them , but used Taom V2 and didn't have an issue with the chalk . Surprised that you have had an issue , as I understood that a number of Pro's were using these tips .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I've used a Century G2 or G3 since they came out and haven't had any miscue issues. I sell lots of these and haven't had feedback as to it being an issue so strange you are miscuing so much.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

The chalk I’m using don’t hold onto the tip that’s the problem ...I have always used Triangle
        since I changed to the Grand soft I have no problems

Comment

Have had a G2 on since November very happy

Comment

^^^^^^^ Out of interest , what chalk are you using ? As the thread originator is having issues with Triangle chalk .

@ Dave Marsy - I assume that you bought the tips from a reputable supplier . I ask as I can't believe that they have time to make fake ones yet !
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi triangle pro green

Comment

I use Triangle chalk (the cheap one) with the G3. I've just got a new batch of Russian chalk so might see what that's like as haven't used it myself yet.

Comment

I found the blue Triangle chalk became very difficult to use maybe 6 or 7 years ago, maybe longer.
                  With the same Buffalo BD+ tips I always use it wasn't staying on the tip and getting lots of miscues.
                  I then found the spruce one was the best. Totally different, stays on, doesn't mark cue ball much and so bought a few boxes.
                  Then Taom V2 even better again, but silly money.
                  Russian Magic chalk as good as spruce and stays on with less applications.
                  If Taom was same price and Russian, that would be winner.
                  Need to refresh myself with spruce v Russian.

Comment

Where you get the Spruce and Russian chalk and what you pay for them ?
                    Wayne

Comment

spruce was just an ebay purchase, Russian was from Pulp Addiction in Hunter Valley, NSW, of all places

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
                        Wayne
                        I have lots of spare Triangle spruce. If you pm me your address, I can put a couple of cubes in the post.

Comment

Tweeten Triangle Spruce is the best chalk I have found for pressed tips - for me

I have a few blocks still from the last box I had - difficult to get in UK sometimes
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
                            Wayne
                            I've just had another batch of the Russian in if you are in the Uk.

Comment

I have just ordered two blocks of the spruce ...from eBay
                              i will give it a go

Comment

Working...
                              X