Century g1 and g2 tips not holding chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    I've worked out if I go back to using my magnetic chalk holder the mess on jeans is much better. By residue I mean when you wipe your cue down after a session at the club, on a white cloth it really does show how much grime sticks to your cue.

On the plus side it does go on and stay on a pressed tip well and grip is very good too so I will persevere and stop being a tart.
    residue - ah ha - I have noticed that the Triangle Spruce (not the Pro lumps) is not as bad a Master chalk which is horrendous with dust; and a bit better than Triangle Green.
    Maybe this is where "chalking technique" comes into it, I am a light-touch chalker, I do not grind the chalk onto the tip and I don't apply it for too long, just a couple of swipes across the tip.
    A friend grinds his chalk like here is trying to get blood out of it, takes some time before he stops, and this is nearly every stroke!; his cue is filthy when I clean it for him! I have also stopped lending him chalk when he runs out.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I'm the same with that Russian stuff, dropped it pretty quick after trying it for the same reason, from habit I continued to chalk the same rate and put blue dots all over the cue ball!!

Interesting about the Taylor made tips, it's all very subjective but since I bought a Tom Classic cue and found that I love the stock tips he uses, I've managed to buy more from Darren Lowe. Great tips feel like a good elk to me but somehow even better. It's personal and different for everyone, but would be interested to know what you think if you can get some off him too, they are cheap as chips, he charged me £12 to deliver 10 tips.
      I sell lots of the Russian Chalk but mainly to the pool players as I'm sure they can get a rack out of one chalking which makes it easier.

There are so many tips on the market and many are similar. It always makes me laugh when I see two people arguing over a certain well known tip is better than another well known tip and I know they are both the same tip, from the same place but branded individually.

There are a lot of good tips out there at the moment and I have a whole batch I got from Tom a while back but haven't used them as I'm always getting sent tips to be fair. It's difficult to try everything but maybe I'll take a look again.

I've starting promoting the Taylor Made ones as I know Gary very well and he's got himself a similar tip to the other well known brands.

He's making a statement by pricing his tips at this rate and isn't looking to make any money as far as I can see so it's just to promote his brand so I thought I'd support it.

Darren seems a good guy to me so if he likes them then I'm sure they will be good and When I've come across Tom he is certainly a stand up guy and I was lucky enough to meet him once and have a meal with him when I was meeting another agent.

I'll have to see where the tips are he sent me.

Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

residue - ah ha - I have noticed that the Triangle Spruce (not the Pro lumps) is not as bad a Master chalk which is horrendous with dust; and a bit better than Triangle Green.
        Maybe this is where "chalking technique" comes into it, I am a light-touch chalker, I do not grind the chalk onto the tip and I don't apply it for too long, just a couple of swipes across the tip.
        A friend grinds his chalk like here is trying to get blood out of it, takes some time before he stops, and this is nearly every stroke!; his cue is filthy when I clean it for him! I have also stopped lending him chalk when he runs out.
        I'm a light chalker nowadays and chalk most shots which I think accelerates the tips going harder but it's a habit I struggle to break.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
        X