No announcement yet.

craftsman wax/cue slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cue slide is basically a silicone based liquid which does help to smooth the shaft and help slide along the bridge. However silicone seeps its way through almost any material so could be doing the wood long term damage. I wouldn't recommend using this for that simple reason.

Comment

well i didn't buy any cue slide but i bought some wax to find out what finish i prefer. will report back when i try it
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Everything arrived yesterday!

Put my new o'min WB tip on, its now there to stay!

Wire wooled the shaft, put a thin layer of the craftsman wax on, let it dry, buffed to a sheen (it smells nice!), then a few drops of the cue slide and...........

i must say i have never held such a smooth cue in my life! top qulaity stuff and it really does work!

as for it harming the cue? pah! i bought my cue from craftsman and the wax and slide is from craftsman so if any damage is done then can you guess who i will be sending it back to?
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Got mine today as well, anyone know how much wax your supposed to use? i put very little on at the moment, its made the grain and chevrons much darker now. just waiting a while before i buff it off, don't know if i used enough though, the ammount i put on this tin will last about 4 years!!!!
          p.s. the craftsman cue towel i got with it looks nothing like the picture on the website.. its just a green towel with a big crafstman logo on it. no biggie but i was a little dissapointed, not that it matters

Have now buffed the cue and feels very smooth, if you like wax finished cues i'd recommend it, enhanced the look of the wood in my opinion, given it a nice deep colour. Very easy to apply. Apply light coat, leave for an hour then buff off. Well worth it in my opinion.
          Last edited by RGCirencester; 30 January 2009, 04:59 PM. Reason: Update: 1 Hour Later

Comment

I just put a few dabs on the towel, like you say should last a while!
            http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Ok just an update to anyone interested. After playing with the cue for about 4 hours it seems to have gotten even smoother.. It's now one of the smoothest cues i've personally seen and if the finish stands the test of time i will definately be reapplying in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X