dream cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
    the reason your parris is a good one is because it IS TEN YEARS OLD , standards of his cues that are sold to joe public of the last 5 tears are nothing like the quality of the old ones,, i have a parris ambassador that is 10/11 years old and the quality is good,,,,i still play snooker at a decent standard , practice with some very good players,ex pros etc etc and represent my league in the interleague,,6/7 years ago there were alot of parris cues to be seen used by these players ,,not any more that is an indictment of the quality of his work now,,
    I too play at a decent level,representing my country in some Ebsa Events.I dont fully agree with you.Some of my friends had a parris done recently and i have to say that the quality is still good.I must admit that Parris may have become a bit more commercial,but he still produce very good cues especcialy when made to measure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kavall View Post
      I too play at a decent level,representing my country in some Ebsa Events.I dont fully agree with you.Some of my friends had a parris done recently and i have to say that the quality is still good.I must admit that Parris may have become a bit more commercial,but he still produce very good cues especcialy when made to measure.
      sorry but i dont agree,you will find ten poor ones before you find a good one , and that is just not worth the risk at £400 plus

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
        sorry but i dont agree,you will find ten poor ones before you find a good one , and that is just not worth the risk at £400 plus
        i am sure his strike rate is a bit better than that!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Speaking from personal experience I have found that if you pay extra for a 'Special', 'Paragon' or 'Ultimate' cue then you are going to get a superb cue. I agree with the above observations that a lot of his 'stock' cues are not the best quality.

Over the last few years John has made me two 'Ultimates' and two 'Specials' and they have all been absolutely perfect. Unfortunately I have always suffered from almost terminal 'Cueitis' a horrible disease that makes you want to change your cue all the time!! Luckily I have now been cured by Dr Trevor White!!

Oldgit
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            i am sure his strike rate is a bit better than that!
            maybe it is a bit better,but with his reputation shouldnt every cue be of decent/very good quality at the price he charges ???????? would trevor white/mike wooldridge send out some of the cues parris does ???? THE ANSWER IS NO

Comment

well obviosly half pf the peole down here would go with trevor white
              RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

I was one of the unlucky ones when I ordered a parris traditional one peice 5 yrs ago... Never again.
                Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I already have my dream cue, driftwood to most people, but I love the thing. If it ever broke, I don't know what I'd do, and I'd happily pay 400-500 quid talked about in the opening post just to get it back, even if it is only 'worth' a fiver.

I must admit though, I really do think that Mike Woolridge's cues look fantastic and great value for money (especially shark series), and if, god forbid, something happened to my piece of driftwood, that's where I'd be going to get a new one.

Comment

i have heard stories of him not taking them back.

Comment

to answer a question that appears to have vanished! i have no bad experiences myself i have always found him friendly and knowledgable.

Comment

As far as Parris being willing to sort out problems goes,

If you live in another country (australia in my case) and the cue arrives faulty it's already too late.

It requires a second leap of faith to return a cue at your own expense to someone who was negligent enough to send something with (in my case) a very badly tapered shaft half way around the world.
                        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                        X