Ordered a cue from woods cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a cue from woods cues

Hi, just ordered my first ever cue, got it from woods cues for $120, and I have a few newbie questions:

1. what do I nedd to dow to maintain the cue? make sure it doesnt go bad.

2. does it matter what chalk i use? Can i just use a chalk from my club? Or are threre different chalks for different tips.

3. should I make any changes to my cue before I beign using it? Like replacing the tip for example, or anything else like that.

Please know that I want to learn everything as this is my first cue.

First thing to do is post some photos here so we all get a look at it.
    If you have a particular tip preference then by all means change it. If no tip preference then just get up the club with it and see how it plays.
    With a brand new cue there’s nothing special you need to do other than wipe it down after use.
    With chalk it’s another case of whatever you prefer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
      First thing to do is post some photos here so we all get a look at it.
      If you have a particular tip preference then by all means change it. If no tip preference then just get up the club with it and see how it plays.
      With a brand new cue there’s nothing special you need to do other than wipe it down after use.
      With chalk it’s another case of whatever you prefer.
      It should arrive in a few weeks, from what the support staff told me it comes with a regular leather tip, should i replacr it with a different one like elkmaster or something like that? Or that doesnt matter?
      also i asked to replace the ferrulo to a titanium one as ive rrad its slightly better

Comment

If it comes with a factory standard tip, these are usually useless and have no feel. Probably worth starting out on the right foot and get something half decent fitted, an elk master would be a good starter.

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

1. Do not expose it to high heat, do not put it in a humid place, do not leave it in the car overnight.
          Clean with a damp cloth.

2. I used Taom, Triangle and Blue Diamond. I didn't notice a difference (I'm not a pro). Taom does not create dust, your hands stay cleaner

3. Tip change recommended, Elk Master is a good start. You have to experience what hardness tip is right for you.

I also ordered cues from them. Check out my posts

Comment

Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
            1. Do not expose it to high heat, do not put it in a humid place, do not leave it in the car overnight.
            Clean with a damp cloth.

2. I used Taom, Triangle and Blue Diamond. I didn't notice a difference (I'm not a pro). Taom does not create dust, your hands stay cleaner

3. Tip change recommended, Elk Master is a good start. You have to experience what hardness tip is right for you.

I also ordered cues from them. Check out my posts
            thanks, for some reason im not authorized to view your posts, can u send a link?

Comment

Originally Posted by WRLD View Post

thanks, for some reason im not authorized to view your posts, can u send a link?
              In what way are you not authorised?
              You are a newbie, in regards to number of posts, you will gain functions after 10 posts (and a bit of patience and re-login).
              Probably after that time, you can click on a user's name and you will be taken to their Profile Page and you can see their activity and their posts.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by WRLD View Post

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...-or-woods-cues

Comment

Working...
                X