No announcement yet.

Pictures of wood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpleheart is interesting and so is bubinga, which comes in a variety of shades. Ask Tony what the name of the wood is that they used to use on Burwat Champion cues. He said he'd got some in before, but it wasn't ready/dry a couple of months ago. Perhaps it's ready now. He said it was a lovely reddish colour; the name began with an "r" ... "ruana" , or something like that, I think.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I'm here... tulipwood rocks.. Purple heart i dont like but its supposed to have a very nice feel in the hand
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

You mean ... tulipwood ftw ... don't you?!
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

lol im not actually sad enough to use that language i get it from my friend
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Well, Its not the "bible"...but you can find/watch most of timbers and exotic woods related to snooker cues:

http://www.blueheronwoods.com/ExoticWoods-p-10.html
            Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Working...
            X