No announcement yet.

Hunt & O'Byrne Catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha,I still have a lot like #43,#64,#222,#352,#410,#429...a lot...
    But I lost their photos,I love #222 & #410 very much.
    #222 is in singapore,With 4pcs Thuya Burr + 4pcs Snakewood.
    #410 is the best Will Hunt I tried.

Um...Everyone knows...Cue will going great after years & years.
    And we can try to compare with a Hunt & O'byrne and a Hunt & Osborne.
    U can see the point.And I think the older one's handcraft is better then the new one.

I don't know how to tell u guys,coz my english really so suck.haha.
    "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
    it means
    "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

Dave O'Byrne never actually had anything to do with making cues!! He was the 'business side of the company' while Will actually made the cues. Will bought Dave out in the late 1980s

Oldgit
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

But someone tell me,some of H&O with numbers are made by O'byrne!
        I can see B68,B70...So...What is that meaning?
        But I know,now Hunt & Osborne are same story with u.
        Hunt just HELP Osborne to made cue...the cues all made by Osbonre.
        "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
        it means
        "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
          Dave O'Byrne never actually had anything to do with making cues!! He was the 'business side of the company' while Will actually made the cues. Will bought Dave out in the late 1980s

Oldgit
          Thank you so much for the information.
          Mr. O'Byrne was never a cue maker but sort of a marketing person for the brand then, is that right?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Thank you so much for the information.
            Mr. O'Byrne was never a cue maker but sort of a marketing person for the brand then, is that right?
            Yes, exactly. Will Hunt was the actual cuemaker and Dave O'Byrne handled the financial side of the business. When Will bought Dave out in the late 1980's he kept the brand name 'Hunt & O'Byrne'.

Will Hunt retired in around 2002 due to a bad back but in the last couple of years has began working again alongside Robert Osbourne. If you want Will to handmake you a cue today then I am sure that he will do so for anyone although the price will be high!

Oldgit
            'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
              But someone tell me,some of H&O with numbers are made by O'byrne!
              I can see B68,B70...So...What is that meaning?
              But I know,now Hunt & Osborne are same story with u.
              No.....I am sorry but O'Byrne NEVER made any cues!!

Oldgit
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

I see.
                Is Dave O'Byrne deceased then? I guess if he never made the cue then it should not matter too much to the value of the cue anyway though.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
                  When I was in their workshop a couple of weeks ago I had a different impression. Robert asked Will about every little detail, Will gave some advice to Robert and Will was working on a lathe.
                  My feeling was that Will is the boss and Robert supports him and makes all the office stuff.
                  I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                    When I was in their workshop a couple of weeks ago I had a different impression. Robert asked Will about every little detail, Will gave some advice to Robert and Will was working on a lathe.
                    My feeling was that Will is the boss and Robert supports him and makes all the office stuff.
                    No, Robert is most definitely the boss and is a perfectionist cuemaker. His attention to detail is wonderful and he is also an extremely nice guy. Will is working to support Robert but they are both excellent cuemakers.

Oldgit
                    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                      No, Robert is most definitely the boss and is a perfectionist cuemaker. His attention to detail is wonderful and he is also an extremely nice guy. Will is working to support Robert but they are both excellent cuemakers.

Oldgit
                      I could tell a looong story about three black plate cues I received from H&O this year.
                      This would paint a slightly different picture especially about attention to detail.

Comment

I'm listening......

Comment

Originally Posted by garyng147 View Post
                          I'm listening......
                          Gary, you already know the story in all details...

I think it would not be fair to make that public. I do not want to pillory H&O here.

Comment

so....although Hunt & O'byrne and Will Hunt are very good cues, but don't know why Hunt & Osborne is not my cup of tea.

Comment

Hummm...but you have so totally aroused our curiousity now...come on..
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                                I could tell a looong story about three black plate cues I received from H&O this year.
                                This would paint a slightly different picture especially about attention to detail.
                                Hi, guys

I just ordered Hunt & O'bourne black plate about 2 months ago, still making.

I got advices from China based snooker forum, H & O is ranked as the number 1 choice compared to other cuemakers. but in this forum, people like TW and MW better than any other cuemakers.

Like what says on MW website, "you get what you pay for", it is the most expensive one i bought, hopefully the best one.

Comment

Working...
                                X