Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooldridge "Super" tips...

Hi,
    this isn't really a cue question I'm afraid, but I saw there were more people viewing this forum than the others.
    Has anyone tried one of these Mike Wooldridge tips?
    If so, are they all they're cracked up to be?
    My problem is that I started off with Elkmasters, but got tired of searching for a good one that kept its shape etc. I then tried soft talisman tips, which keep their shape and last forever, but they're a bit too hard and don't feel as if they grip the cue ball very well.
    Mike W says he based his tips on the best bits of Elkmasters, which sounds great to me, but they're not cheap, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience of them.
    Any feedback would be brilliant,
    thanks a lot guys

If you like good Elkmasters then you will love the supertips.

I was the same as you, out of 10 Elkmasters I could find 2 that i'd like, but out of a pack of 5 supertips every tip is like finding a good Elkmaster.

Well worth the money and no more expensive than Elks when you consider how many you throw away.

Comment

I use one on my JP classic and its great (altho ime not good enough to probably notice the difference !) ive heard people say its like getting a perfect Elk everytime - so if thats what you prefer ide say you would be very happy. [Also heard several top pros use them but no names mentioned]

Comment

Cheers guys, they sound pretty good, can't wait to try them out.
        Thanks a lot.

Comment

tips

ive tried mike supertips around 4 month ago and i must admit that mikes tips are bloody good , with solid feel when striking the cue ball . then i've tried talisman medium - honestly did not liked them at all, felt like a bit of marble on the end of my cue

so here we go... back to square one.( Supertips) mike tips are very consistent from one tip to another. when you put a new tip on it feels like you've never take one off... thats how good they are , in my opinion obviously
          Last edited by vladimir007; 24 January 2010, 08:36 PM.
          "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

I know what you mean about talisman tips being like a bit of marble, whenever I put any spin on the ball it just sounded like there was no tip on my cue at all.

Glad you like the wooldridge ones too, I've heard nothing but good things so far. Cheers mate.

Comment

Very good tip, I tried Talisman and didn't get on with it at all.
              My Flickr

Comment

I followed the recommendation of Andrew (ADR147) to take 11mm Talisman soft and cut them down to size.
                They are not that hard as the 10mm and that "marble" feel is gone.

But Mike's supertips are still my favourite.
                I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

wooldridge super tips are the best tips i have ever used full stop.

Comment

Very consistent, nice feel & last for ages... In one word, they're perfect (at least for me):snooker:
                    Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                    Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Originally Posted by Harrris303 View Post
                      I know what you mean about talisman tips being like a bit of marble, whenever I put any spin on the ball it just sounded like there was no tip on my cue at all.

Glad you like the wooldridge ones too, I've heard nothing but good things so far. Cheers mate.
                      no probs m8 we shell say cheers to Mike for developing such good tips ......cheers mike!!!

still waiting for your site to reappear Mike i cant wait till i get to try your VCM feature
                      "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

tip problems in the middle of a tournament?

mw supertips is the answer.

they are the best you can buy.period.
                        RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                          wooldridge super tips are the best tips i have ever used full stop.
                          could not agree more.

if there was snooker tips got X factor contest, IMO mikes tips would of won that.
                          then in the final showdown Mikes tips singing hallelujah
                          Last edited by vladimir007; 25 January 2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                            tip problems in the middle of a tournament?

mw supertips is the answer.
                            yepp... had exact situation 2 weeks ago : my talisman had de-layered in the middle of the match and thankfully to my mate, who kept one spare MW Super tip along with the scalpel and sandpaper in his case,so 5 min down the line tip changed,shaped and im back into the game.....

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=22308
                              My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X