aurora cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aurora cues

I know this person markets himself on this site and he is highly regarded. I can only speak of my negative experience with this person.
    The cue he sent me was of poor finish and quality and he did allow me to return it. But after he allowed me to return it he sent a variety of nasty e-mails with all kinds of conditions.

I sent it back to him the same way it was sent to me. This guy sent it to me in the first place with the cue being left outside for a day on my door step because he was to Cheap to pay an extra $5 for a signature.

When it was returned he first left it at the post office for over a week and blamed me. He then said he would not even inspect the item. I had insured the item and he finally changed his mind and looked at the item.

He then discarded the cue so I could not get my insurance claim, when it would not have cost him a dime. Because of his behaviour it cost me $845.

He was dishonest and went out of his way to make sure I would not get
    my insurance claim.

Based on my experience I would never deal with this person.
    His name is Airin, he does not give out his phone number or his last name
    I now know why!

I know that he probably he has alot of support on this site, but I feel
    he was very difficult and went out of his way in both e-mails and actions
    to be spiteful

did you not get a refund for the cue?

Comment

Any pics at all of the cue, hard to believe because all the ones we see are lovely, hope you will get this resolved soon mate

Comment

Pooljunckie?

Comment

What conclusion you get ?? Maybe Airin will refund or build a new one for you.

Comment

Everyone has their low n you can't just fault a person here without show the members here any evidence of his lousy work.

Kindly do attach some pics of that cue so that ppl can withness his bad otherwise do not just frame anyone.

Pooljunkie,
            Kindly step forward to clear this mis-understanding.
            I have the utmost trust that u will never cut corners n deliver your products.

Guys,
            If there is any issues, do try to talk things out.
            Last edited by willytan; 27 November 2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
              Everyone has their low n you can't just fault a person here without show the members here any evidence of his lousy work.

Kindly do attach some pics of that cue so that ppl can withness his bad otherwise do not just frame anyone.

Pooljunkie,
              Kindly step forward to clear this mis-understanding.
              I have the utmost trust that u will never cut corners n deliver your products.

Guys,
              If there is any issues, do try to talk things out.
              I did not use the word Frame anyone or lousy work. I did not like the quality of his work, and a return accured.

The point is that when he first allowed the return, and the item was delayed by the post office, he first would not inspect the item and left it at the post o
              office for over a week. This from a guy who has such great concern for his cues.
              Then he states to me that he did not have enough space in his "humble shop"
              to store the cue and discards it. He deliberately made it impossilble for me to
              get an insurance claim, and he offered no refund. He also still has the case
              and the extensions which I also had paid for.

Its not a matter of pictures of the cue, but how he made it impossible for me
              to get a insurance claim and that is just spitfull. Especially when I offered to
              pay any of his costs to mail the item for inspection to the post office.

If you think this guy is such a great person, buy a cue from him and see what
              happens.

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                He would not offer any refund, and as I say he make it impossible for me
                to get my insurance claim. I am out $845.

This person spends a great amount of time to promote himself on this site
                and his "humble shop" theme. I had a bad experience and it cost me alot
                of money, others have had positive experiences with him well good.

But people should also be aware of my negative experience.

Be very carefull in who you deal with.

Comment

Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
                  Pooljunckie?
                  Well I am not going to call this guy any names, but it is tempting. I know that
                  there seems to be alot of positive feedback on this guy.

But the point is I had a very bad experience from this person, and I am sure
                  he will send long winded messages to this site to try and defend how he acted.

The point is after allowing a return I got very long e-mails that were almost
                  nasty, and he went out of his way to prevent an insurance claim which would
                  not have cost him any money. I got stiffed for $845.

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                    He will not provide any refund, and he prevented my insurance claim.

I have stated what happended, now you will probably get this guys
                    side of the story, I won't be reading it because this guy will send
                    long winded e-mails and according to him he is without fault.

But I won't be reading anymore of his drible, because I spent alot of
                    time reading his 500 plus word e-mails he sent me. He is very brave
                    person, sending me nasty e-mails when he lives in another province
                    and does not provide his phone number or last name, and I am trying
                    to get along with him so I could get my insurance claim, which he
                    prevented.

Like I had already stated in several postes the guy is on this site all the
                    time, with alot of supporters but I don't know how many of these people have actually bought a cue from this person as apposed to just looking at his pictures on his
                    site. I know by my experience that I am out $845 and he went out of
                    his way to make sure I did not get my insurance claim, with no refund.

The point is not pictures of this cue or any of his cues but how he went
                    out of his way to prevent my insurance claim.

I spent alot of money and time approx 3+ months trying to deal with this
                    person. And all I am saying that I would not wish my experience on anyone
                    else on this forum. But decide for yourself.

Comment

Aurora Cues

[QUOTE=bob1;535115]"Pooljunkie"

Well I am not going to call this guy any names, but it is tempting.[QUOTE]

Bob1 - You do understand that this was not name-calling but the Forum-name for Arin/Aurora Cues.

Did you happen to take any photos?
                      If so please upload so others can make there own opinion.

Arin (pooljunkie) - any come back?

<sad business>
                      Last edited by DeanH; 27 November 2010, 12:29 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

First of all, Airin uses the name 'poolqjunkie' on here.

I have purchased 5 cues from Airin, all had excellent workmanship that I cannot fault. I have since sold all 5 cues on to other players, one here on TSF and the other 4 to my students who also really liked them.

I did have one cue which I wasn't happy with and it was because I asked Airin to make a 19oz 3/4-butt and the only way he could do that without adding weights was to find a heavy piece of ash. When the cue arrived it felt 'dead' and had no life at all because of the very heavy ash in the shaft.

I emailed Airin and he was very happy to take the cue back and replace it with another, but slightly lighter, 3/4-butt cue and I was happy with the replacement.

Also, I had a student who was very short and he wanted a short cue and Airin worked with me and provided a very good shorter cue which fitted this player's requirements. He was very happy with the cue.

On the post office thing, Canada Post normally sends out notifications in your mail for you to pick up a package, so perhaps the fault lies with Canada Post. I'm surprised Canada Post delivers packages where you are and I wish I had that service.

Sitting on your doorstep for a day shouldn't have harmed the cue at all as Airin normally wraps them very well when he does send them out and anyway they sit in the cargo hold of an aircraft where the temperatures are very low and I've never had a problem with a delivered cue.

I suspect you receiving a bad cue from Airin, or at least one not up to your standards, is very unusual and because you're now out $835 I would ask either for a refund or a replacement cue, since not communicating with Airin will ensure you don't receive any satisfaction.

In the future, if you receive a substandard cue from anyone, you should immediately take pictures of the area where the cue is substandard and send them the pictures along with stating how you would like to see the situation resolved. Most good cuemakers like Airin will be happy to work with you to resolve the situation.

To get a phone number, have you tried looking in Canada 411 for 'Aurora Trading'? I haven't tried this myself but that is the company name in Vancouver and you should have the address from the packaging on your cue.

Communicate with Airin and see if you can work it out to your satisfaction first. And remember, email sometimes sounds off because you can't see the person's body language and there have been a lot of hurt feelings over a statement the author feels is innocent but the receiver takes right to heart and gets upset.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

[QUOTE=DeanH;535144][QUOTE=bob1;535115]"Pooljunkie"

Well I am not going to call this guy any names, but it is tempting.

Bob1 - You do understand that this was not name-calling but the Forum-name for Arin/Aurora Cues.

Did you happen to take any photos?
                          If so please upload so others can make there own opinion.

Arin (pooljunkie) - any come back?

<sad business>
                          Read the thread: I did'nt call him Pooljunkie .

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
                            ...Read the thread: I did'nt call him Pooljunkie .
                            I think you dont understand mate, his name is "poolqjunkie" on this forum

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              First of all, Airin uses the name 'poolqjunkie' on here.

I have purchased 5 cues from Airin, all had excellent workmanship that I cannot fault. I have since sold all 5 cues on to other players, one here on TSF and the other 4 to my students who also really liked them.

I did have one cue which I wasn't happy with and it was because I asked Airin to make a 19oz 3/4-butt and the only way he could do that without adding weights was to find a heavy piece of ash. When the cue arrived it felt 'dead' and had no life at all because of the very heavy ash in the shaft.

I emailed Airin and he was very happy to take the cue back and replace it with another, but slightly lighter, 3/4-butt cue and I was happy with the replacement.

Also, I had a student who was very short and he wanted a short cue and Airin worked with me and provided a very good shorter cue which fitted this player's requirements. He was very happy with the cue.

On the post office thing, Canada Post normally sends out notifications in your mail for you to pick up a package, so perhaps the fault lies with Canada Post. I'm surprised Canada Post delivers packages where you are and I wish I had that service.

Sitting on your doorstep for a day shouldn't have harmed the cue at all as Airin normally wraps them very well when he does send them out and anyway they sit in the cargo hold of an aircraft where the temperatures are very low and I've never had a problem with a delivered cue.

I suspect you receiving a bad cue from Airin, or at least one not up to your standards, is very unusual and because you're now out $835 I would ask either for a refund or a replacement cue, since not communicating with Airin will ensure you don't receive any satisfaction.

In the future, if you receive a substandard cue from anyone, you should immediately take pictures of the area where the cue is substandard and send them the pictures along with stating how you would like to see the situation resolved. Most good cuemakers like Airin will be happy to work with you to resolve the situation.

To get a phone number, have you tried looking in Canada 411 for 'Aurora Trading'? I haven't tried this myself but that is the company name in Vancouver and you should have the address from the packaging on your cue.

Communicate with Airin and see if you can work it out to your satisfaction first. And remember, email sometimes sounds off because you can't see the person's body language and there have been a lot of hurt feelings over a statement the author feels is innocent but the receiver takes right to heart and gets upset.

Terry
                              Terry thanks for your comments. I did try to work with him for over 3 months
                              before I started this thread.

The problem is that after I returned it and it was late in getting back to him because of the post office he blamed me. And said waiting 11 days is to long
                              and the cue will not be accepted by him for even inspection. This is the
                              same person that left the cue at a canada post office for over 7 days
                              before he picked it up. The day it was left on my door step was a hot
                              summer day. And I do feel that his actions do not show the great care he
                              expects others to show for his cues.

After I told him several times that there was no point in getting insurance if
                              he was not going to inspect it, he finally looked at it . But he did not keep
                              the item saying he did not have enough space in his work shop. I think that
                              is a pretty poor excuse. and then he discarded the cue which will now
                              prevent me from getting any insurance claim. After I had said that the post
                              office would be contacting him and want to inspect the item.

He also as I have said has other items that he will not provide credit for
                              the case and the extensions. which I assum he can resell.

There is now no discussion because he has said right after I sent it back
                              that he would not give any refund, and as I say he went out of his way
                              to make sure I would not get my insurance claim.

You have had positive experiences with him which is fine. But I have
                              not, and I would not want anyone to go through what I did with this person,
                              either his nasty e-mails or the loss of a fair amount of money.

Comment

Working...
                              X