No announcement yet.

aurora cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very surprising that Airin has not answered in the forum and tried to clear things up.
    :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
      It is very surprising that Airin has not answered in the forum and tried to clear things up.
      Maybe he's busy lately .. am sure he will come back and sort things out soon.. Hopefully everything can be sorted out accordingly, without hurting any parties.. In any business activity.. trust, honesty and serving the best for customer should be maintain at all time.

Comment

Yes, we shld wait out for the other side of the story before anything can be concluded.

Comment

First of all I want to thank Terry Davidson for sharing his experience regarding dealing with aurora cues. Also like to thank others for their support. Thank you.

I will try to keep my emotion aside and only report the facts here.

Bob1 asked me for a cue and I sent him lots of pictures of two cues with spec that I had back in early August.

About 10 days later he decided on a one piece cue after looking over the pictures, specs, and asked some questions.

Cue was sent to him in a new aluminum case with two extensions. Cue was put in a plastic sleeve then placed in the case, the case was packaged in bubble wraps placed inside a cardboard box which was then wrap in bubble wrap again.

I shipped via express post which was the most expensive postage method from Canada post and the cue arrived in 4 days. Tracking number was provided right after I posted. Cue was fully insured.

Bob1 received the cue. Then on Aug 26th he asked me if he could send it back for a full refund without giving me any reason.

After reading his email which basically just said "can I send the cue back for a refund" I agreed. I told him I wanted him to be totally satisfied with his cue and if he was not I would be more than happy to give him back his money. So, I agreed for a full refund and he thanked me. The agreement was that the purchase price of the cue was to be refunded, while postage both way was to be paid for by Bob1.

This is the first time someone asked me for a refund in this manner, I thought about it for a while and I then sent him another email asking him what the problem was.

He said he was sorry that he bought the cue without trying and he really regret it. He just said he wanted his money back without giving me anything specific.

He never mentioned anything regarding craftsmanship that he was not happy with.

I told him I would issue him a refund but if he was not happy with the balance, taper, or something like that, I would be more than happy to make him a new cue or change it. I just wanted him to know his option, but he was not interested and never told me why he wanted a refund expect to say that he was regretful.

I have tried this cue and many of the local players have tried it out and they all told me they loved the way it hit and no one said anything wrong with any finish problem or whatever. I also have inspected the cue, it was straight, with no cosmetic flaws that I could see. So, I was quite concerned why he was not satisifed and just wanted to let him know that I would make him a new cue if he wanted, or give him back with his money.

He would not tell me why, and just told me he would send the cue back.

As I knew nothing about Bob1, in order to protect myself, I sent him another email the same day to set out some conditions to ask him to please return the cue in its original condition, in a timely fashion.

I also explained to him that if the cue is damaged when it arrives, I cannot issue him a full refund but only a partial refund, but I can send the cue back to him if he wants.

In this email I told him in case the cue is damaged I would take pictures of such damage right after I receive the cue. I also asked him to please send the cue to me within two day's time because I had to leave for a business trip a week later. I figured 7 business days should be enough for a cue to be shipped back to me from within Canada--after all I shipped him his cue in 4 days only. He agreed to these conditions.

I waited more than 2 weeks (14 days) the cue was no where to be seen.

Me and my partner had to fly out of town and there was no one to accept the cue by then.

I told him I was not happy that he had chosen to pay for such a slow method to ship me back the cue. I did not like the idea of the cue sitting in some warehouse and the boot of some vehicles for almost two weeks. I also felt that it was not a nice way for him to treat me and my cue when I had been nothing but accommodating.

On Sept 15th, I received a note asking me to pick it up at the post office.

When I opened the package, I noticed that the chalk compartment in the case was totally cracked and the plastic partitions were gone, there were also lots of scratch marks on the extensions; moreover, the cue also appeared to be warp quite badly. I took some pictures of all these right away.

I took everything back and checked the cue on my table and took more pictures.

I noticed that the cue was indeed warp very seriously, and there was a crack between two of the ebony splices. The seperation between the splices was quite serious. Pictures of the seperation were taken.

I had no idea after agreeing to issue a refund I would be left with a cue returned in such a terrible condition.

Honestly I had no idea what to do at that point.

I emailed Bob1 right away, with pictures, to explained to him what happened.

I also offered to ship the cue back to him so he could look at the damages himself.

Bob1 replied and told me he was very sorry. He said he did not want the cue back, and he would file a claim with Canada Post. He said he had purchased full insurance for this very reason.

I offered to ship the cue to him again but he turned it down. He said he did not want the cue at all. He even said he would not accept the cue even if I sent it to him.

I also felt very confused as up to this point he never once told me what was it about the cue that he did not like in the first place, no picture, no specific or anything of that sort--I offered to build him a new cue bit he refused without giving me any reason.

I also do not believe my cues would end up in such a terrible condition even if it was left in the boot of a car for 2 weeks.

Had he returned the cue in its original condition I would have refunded his money already, but the cue was returned in a very poor condition. I am not sure even now in all honesty if all these problems were just the result of postal damage.

I was also very surprised that Bob1 did not sound surprise when I told him about the damages. All he said was he was sorry. He also made it very clear that he did not want this cue back whatsoever.

Bob1 told me he has purchased insurance on this cue (he did not tell me how much) and he said he would like to pursue an insurance claim. He asked me to document all the damages for him, and help him to talk to the post office if they contact me. He never once told me I need to keep the cue for as long as it takes, he also never asked me to keep the cue for inspection. He told me not to send the cue back to him and just document the damages. If he wanted to keep the cue for insurance inspection, he would have had the cue in physical procession as I did offer to ship the cue to him many times but he said it was not necessary.

I did exactly what he asked me--I documented all the damages with pictures for him.

I am under the impression that the insurance claim would pay him more than the refund I agreed to issue.

I was so mad and upset to see the cue being so seriously abused, so after not hearing from him for a long time I kind of just put the cue away. By then I just assumed Bob1 had received his insurance claim as he had not contacted me at all for more than a month.

In Nov, I received a letter from Canada Post asking me about a claim filed by Bob1. I answered all the questions truthfully, and offered to submit pictures if they need them. I could not find the cue at that time to send it back to them for inspection, so I told them so. I was not sure whether I might have discarded the cue as I have been very busy in the shop and 2 months have gone by and I just could not find the cue. So, I told them sorry I discarded the cue but I could offer them lots of pictures.

I just finished replying an email to the damage claim office on Nov 25th. I have not yet received any reply from the insurance claim officer as the email was only sent 2 days ago and it is weekend here. So, this matter with the insurance claim is not concluded yet as far as I can tell.

I am still in the middle of communicating with the claim officer to try and help Bob1 to get his claim granted to him. I did not "go out of my way to make sure Bob1 could not get his money from the post office" as he said I did. I simply have no reason to do so.

Thank you.

Edit: I have contacted the post office and offered to send them the damaged cue (which has been located after some effort) and case and extensions, but I have not received any reply from them yet.

Update: I have been informed by the post office that a full insurance claim has been paid out. Bob1 received his full claim quite a while ago although he never bothered to update this thread. The post office/Bob 1 also gets to keep the cue as I do not have it returned to me.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 October 2011, 04:52 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

That is why we must always listen to both sides before deciding on a conclusion.

I know airin will not be such a dick to throw away his work without taking a 2nd look.

All cues done by a cue maker is precious in their own way or another, and i trust that each n everyone of those who had started out this from hobby will take their utmost pride on their work.

Cheers

Comment

So, it appears the damage claim to Canada Post is proceeding on track, although I would assume they will take forever to pay out.

If the damage is documented with photographs then I doubt there will be a problem as the cue certainly sounds as if it's damaged beyond repair.

If bob1 gets his $835 (or whatever) back then the situation has been resolved to everyone's satisfaction and no one except Canada Post's insurance fund will be penalized.

My only problem with the whole thing is how and where the cue got damaged. Sitting on a hot porch, even in the sun when it was wrapped so well seems to be not enough to my mind to crack and raise the splices but perhaps the cue was in direct sunlight and got cooked. But that still leaves the physical damage to the case and extension...how the heck did that happen if the package was so well wrapped?

Actually, it takes a lot of severe temperature and humidity changes to damage a cue this way and in this cue's travels where would that occur?

Also, it seems to me the cause of all this problem was a lack of total and honest communication in the first place

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

How can one go to such an underhand method of spoiling a timeless cue In- order to back up on a deal n then try do such low end trick in order to recover every dollar n cents from the return postage.

Seller, better beware of such people.
                Last edited by willytan; 28 November 2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Maybe bob1 should now say he is sorry and tell us what really happened and apologise to Airin.

Thanks Airin for clearing that mess up

Comment

A few things dont quite add up here, if the cue was so well packaged, as i believe Airin would do so, how could that amount of damage get done to the cue during transport ? So bob1 needs to come forward to explain himself. And if wanting to pursue a claim for damages during transport it would be in bob1's interests to keep hold of the cue as proof, it is not Airins fault if damaged by someone else. But also Airin a cue does not take up much room at all, so i cant believe you would just discard it to make way for more wood

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      A few things dont quite add up here, if the cue was so well packaged, as i believe Airin would do so, how could that amount of damage get done to the cue during transport ? So bob1 needs to come forward to explain himself. And if wanting to pursue a claim for damages during transport it would be in bob1's interests to keep hold of the cue as proof, it is not Airins fault if damaged by someone else. But also Airin a cue does not take up much room at all, so i cant believe you would just discard it to make way for more wood
                      Maybe is a heartache for Airin to look at his work that has been terribly abuse. I mean everyone would have been disappointed and sad to see someone don't appreciate what you have done to make things right for them. Esp those that he has pour in much sweat and hardwork to made. We need to see it from a cuemakers view too. I believe all cuemakers give and sacrifice a lot to make a good cue that suit every single customer they serve.

Just my two cents, no hard feelings or mean to hurt anyone. Hope anyone who read this don't take it personal.

cheers.

Comment

Bob 1,
                        I have sent you an email requesting further info from you regarding your postal claim last night.
                        Could you please respond to my questions as they are important for me to help you with your claim and I need to know your answer before I email the damage claim officer again. Time is of the essence here, please respond at your earliest convenience.
                        If you need, I can send the email to you again.
                        Thank you very much.

Update: I just want to put an update here that Bob1 has received all the money he was claiming for from the post office. He never bothered to update this thread but I have been calling the post office and a few months ago they told me they would pay out his claim in full, which is more than his purchase price. The cue I sent back to the post office is also not returned to me.
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 October 2011, 04:55 AM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I,m not wanting to take any sides but thought i should post of my experience and dealings with Airin .

Ive had nothing but positive dealing with Airin and have to say that he is one of the most honest and sincere person that i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with .

He once sent me an email for a cue he had for sale and for some reason i forgot all about it but contacted him about two months later when i came across the email .

I asked Airin for a price and he said although his prices had recently gone up he would honour the price that he quoted me in the original email .

Then when the shipping came to more than what he quoted he insisted that i only pay the price he quoted me meaning that he was out of pocket .

As for the quality of his cues , well they speak for themselves , i,ve owned cues from an awful lot of top cue makers and in my opinion Airins cues are up there with the very best . They are a delight to own and play with .

So much so that i,m hoping to get another off him shortly with slightly different specs to my current one .

Keep the cues coming Airin :snooker::snooker:

:snooker::snooker:

Comment

Bob1,
                            It has been three days and I still have not received the info I need regarding your insurance claim.
                            Could you please reply at your earliest convenience?
                            I need this piece of info before I contact the insurance agent again.
                            I do not wish to wait too long as I am afriad they might close your case when too much time has gone by without my further response.
                            I am trying my best to help you to get your insurance claim granted but I need your co-operation, please kindly response at your earliest convenience.
                            If you have deleted it I can email you again, please advice.
                            Thank you.
                            Update: I just want to update here that I have sent the damaged cue Bob1 returned to me back to Canada post along with all the document they have asked me to many months ago. Canada post said they will contact Bob1 from now on as it was his insurance claim; not mine. I have not heard from Bob1 since then.
                            Update: although Bob 1 never contact me again I sent the cue/case/extension to the post office and the post office informed me that they have paid out the claim in full after inspecting the damage that was done to the cue. I would not expect Bob1 to come and update everyone of the outcome so I thought I should do it.
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 October 2011, 04:59 AM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                            X