No announcement yet.

Whippy Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot believe a Trevor White Cue is Whippy!

Old Cues were prone for it and some New Ones Mention No Names you buy can be Whippy But I have Never Seen a Whippy Trevor White Cue and I have had a Good Few throu my Hands!!

When you Say Whippy? How Whippy are you saying this Cue is.....As there has too be alittle give in them otherwise they play terrible in my Opinion.

Gaz.

Comment

quality posts throughout this thread

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
      can anything be done to make it less whippy?
      no.

get rid if you don't like it as it is.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
        no.

get rid if you don't like it as it is.
        Finabb, if you want to get rid of it, I may be interested in a "cheap, faulty" TW cue.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
          Get someone with a lathe and a 3mm drill bit. Drill about 5 inches down from the tip end and insert a bit of ebony. Presto.
          lmao or insert a 6" nail?
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

This cue (if it has not been altered in any way that is) was not particularly springy at all, and certainly not what I'd refer to as "whippy".

It was a pretty solid cue actually.

Comment

As others have said , i,ve played with quite a few T W cues and all of them have been solid but responsive cues .

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                This cue (if it has not been altered in any way that is) was not particularly springy at all, and certainly not what I'd refer to as "whippy".

trev, you did actually send him a cue out and not the cone that contained the mr whippy ice cream you ate as a snack while packing it didnt you????

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post

Trevor it was just a question that i thought I would ask, more out of interest really to see if it was possible. If it was a complaint I wouldn't have posted it on here I would of emailed you direct.

I tried my mates cue which was about £120.00 (cant remember the make) and it felt quite nice hitting the balls, we compared cues and his was quite stiff and mine was between whippy and stiff so lets say a little bit springy.

At the time of making the cue I ask you for a nicely tapered cue which you did and the cue is great but next time I get a cue from you I'll go for a little bit of a firmer one.

Comment

hey guys just wanted to ask a question regards to a whippy cue, not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to educate myself. does having a whippy cue effect the outcome of the shot, as in does the ball go off line?? when playing with side, screw, or top spin does the cueball have less of a reaction???

Comment

Working...
                    X