No announcement yet.

Kamui Tip's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI My friend Alain Robidoux spoke to John Higgins during the Worlds Snooker Champs 2011 and he told Alain he was using the Kamui Snooker do not know if they were soft medium or hard will find out tks Leonard from Canada

Comment

Sio if your a player thats been used to blue diamond tips whats the best Kamui tip to go for, i use 10mm so just need to know is it best to go with a soft or medium ?
      sigpic

Comment

last time a went to see stu green he mentioned the soft and ss kamuis maybe he has getting them in now.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
          Sio if your a player thats been used to blue diamond tips whats the best Kamui tip to go for, i use 10mm so just need to know is it best to go with a soft or medium ?
          I was told the softest is a 11mm black medium for snooker, which sounds like the same as a 14mm supersoft in pool terms. The only way to know for sure is to email Kamui and get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

I would caution against a 14mm tip and cutting it in half to make two. If there are six laminates you are changing the characteristics to a tip with only three. Even if you don't, if the 14mm tip is taller than the 11mm, each of the six laminates must be thicker and you'll probably trim a couple away when forming the smaller profile. You lose some of the first laminate when flatting the glue side prior to fixing anyway.

I've liked the softest Elk I could find until I tried these, and I'm well chuffed with the 11mm black medium trimmed to my 9.7mm tip.
          Last edited by limecc; 4 May 2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Hi i'm new here, Not a new player however. Are you able to shape these with just a regular tip shaper/fine sand paper. Or do I have to buy the special Kamui tool. I know the tip's i purchased will come with a free trimmer. But i'm not 100% on what to use to shape it

Comment

Good Day, Hunter,

You should be fine with a tip shaper. They are expensive enough without the trimmer.
              Cheers,
              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Let me know what you think of the trimmer, I never used one.
                Cheers,
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Happy days. I'll let you know how i get on with it. I'm still awaiting for the tips, and also my cue to be delivered. So i'll update when i have tried it all out. I had to skimp a little on the cue side of things and settle for a Dunns. So we'll see how good that is too

Comment

the shaper they come with are great,only thing is i use 9.2ml tip and use the 11ml kamui, it doesn't always cut such a big over hang, just cut away as you would normally with a stanley,very sharp blade needed, then i just file down with big file and finish of with sand paper, my advice is leave your tip a bit bigger than you would like, as after a few games they do compress a fair bit,the tip trimmer is great when you have been using the tip and its spread a wee bit, it sorts it perfectly in seconds,

Comment

I find these tip trimmers very useful and work well on Kamui, Talisman and Elks. If you do use the tip trimmer regularly you need to buy a few as the blades become dull after trimming a few tips. I believe they are becoming available on eBay as a single item.

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
                        Hi i'm new here, Not a new player however. Are you able to shape these with just a regular tip shaper/fine sand paper. Or do I have to buy the special Kamui tool. I know the tip's i purchased will come with a free trimmer. But i'm not 100% on what to use to shape it
                        With the greatest respect, if you're asking these kind of questions I would get someone with experience to do it, who can show you how to go on for next time. You don't want to be getting this wrong as these tips are not 30p!

Comment

I've retipped a cue more times than I have had cooked dinner. Iv'e just never had a Kamui before. The only readily available tips where i'm from are the Elk Masters and Blue Diamonds. And as my club owner swears by those two I never really thought of ordering a different one online. I know I could have cut the overhang down with a nice sharp blade, but the trimmer should do that quite fine. The only thing I was unsure of is what to use to shape it. I didn't want to start sanding it to then see that the layers were splitting apart. Or something bad along those lines. As you said, they don't come cheap. It should be ok though.

Comment

The free trimmer's great, but only of use when the tip is nearly to size. ADR147's retip guide helped me even after 30 years of the job, as I'd never thought of trimming with the tip face down on a block of wood before. This is especially important with a laminated tip, and also to use a sawing motion. I reckon dedicated tip glue is worth the effort to get as well.

Comment

OK, I tried to order 6 Kumai MH 11mm tips from 'snookercues4u' but haven't received a response as yet. I checked the Kumai site but couldn't find anyone in North America who has the snooker tips.

Can someone please let me know where I can order these from maybe in Britain or the UK (ADR147 doesn't stock them)

Terry
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I got mine off Dave Coutts, Most UK supplyer's have them, Hope this help's Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X