No announcement yet.

Kamui Tip's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi terry i have checked on ebay , snookercues4u has 11ml med or med hard,one tip is £9.75 with free tip trimmer includes delivery, this is the guy i buy mine of, can recommend also craftsman cues stock them great company £12 each

Comment

G30 and stewart:

I tried 'snookercues4u' but didn't receive a reply and they didn't have an ording on-line option.

But I jumped onto Dave Coutts website and ordered 5 Kumais plus a 3/4 case as he had a decent price for the aluminum one although I suspect his shipping charges might be set up for the UK as they were a little low for Canada. Sent him a message to let me know if there are additional charges and I'll see how it goes.

The crits have been so good for these Kumai black 11mm MH tips I thought I might put one on for the Canadian Championships coming up in mid-June

Thanks,
      Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

By coincidence, I took my cue to Stu at 'Greenbaize' this morning and he fitted a Black Kamui MH to my cue. Its obviously too soon for a review but in the few hits that I had on Stus match table with the match balls the tip seemed absolutely perfect.

Stu has a good supply of these tips to my advice is to contact him.

Oldgit
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

I tried a couple of these Kamui Black's M/H. They offer lots of grip and hold the chalk very well, but they dont suit me as i think they wear off pretty quickly and they feel non-responsive and somehow a bit too soft.
          "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

HI Terry where did you order them you say Dave Coutts in the Uk does him

Does he have a website or email that i can contact him

When Stephane of club 147 visited The World Snooker

Comment

Hi Terry did not complete my message

When Stephane of club 147 visited the Worlds Champs 2011 with Alain Robidoux he spoke to John Higgins and ask him what snooker tips he was using

John Higgins replied Kamui Snooker Tip Black that is why Stephane Martineau wants to order them.

I want to order them from Dave Coutts and will ask him if they are still available

Did you receive them i heard that these snooker tips are great which ones did you order the Black ones or the Brown Kamui Tips and what size did you order. They are very hard to find on the Internet.

Comment

montrealer:

See my email response to you. Dave Coutts has a website and you can order on that and use PayPal. Check out any snookerscene for Dave's advert, but his website is 'www.couttscues.co.uk' or you can also email them via the website and Louise will respond

Terry
                Terry Davidson

Comment

What hardness does, John Higgins play with? I prefer a harder tip I got on well with the pro granit tip, what kamui tip compares to this tip for hardness?

Comment

John plays with a MH Black Kamui.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                      John plays with a MH Black Kamui.
                      Thanks Gerry

Comment

I received 5 x Kamui MH Black 11mm and replaced my 4-month old Talisman which had the top layer starting to de-laminate anyway. I practice all day yesterday with the Kamui and I found it to be an excellent tip. It takes the chalk better than the Talisman and the feel and grip on the cueball seems to be excellent.

I had quite a few good breaks out of the 10 frames I played topped by a 107 and with a host of 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's along with one 89 which should have been another century (damn it!).

On another note, I also got a dehumidifier (the weather has been very damp here with outside humidity running at 80% or above) and I've dropped the humidity in my snooker room down to the low 40% range with a side benefit that the dehumidifier also produces a bit of heat (although it's power hungry at 4amps) so my temperature is always around 22C - 24C. I found dropping the humidity has REALLY helped with the speed of the #10 cloth and also that little bit of extra heat has helped the cushion bounce.

Since I will be playing on similar tables in the Canadians (either new #10 or 6811 gold) I guess it's good to get to practice on ideal match conditions. I'll see if I can get any tons today and also keep checking the Kamui tip.

I did note it has flattened just a touch from yesterday's play and I will have to re-dome it a bit but it hasn't moved very much at all, nowhere near what an Elk Master or Blue Diamond would flatten.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

Hi Terry, If you've not already tried it, get some green Masters chalk and let us know what you think. Although the Kamui holds Triangle chalk well anyway, Masters is even better and worth the effort to source. Why it is harder to find is a mystery - it's made by the same company of course. Ebay to the rescue..

Comment

I've always found the green Master chalk to be too soft and on a screw shot I end up with a cloud coming off my tip and also a lot of visible chalk on the cloth. I also have some darker green Silver Cup chalk here and it is a lot harder than any of the other but the colour is closer to the cloth colour so you don't see any chalk marks.

Terry
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

http://www.shop.uk8ball.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=341
                              Stun Run...The shot you can't teach

Comment

If you're looking for Kamui Black tips I would recommend Stu from Green Baize. I spoke to Stu Friday lunchtime and the tip arrived in this morning's post. The only way he could be any quicker is if he lived next door!!

Comment

Working...
                                X