2 grand for a cue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

i am kinda new here... but the word "fake" cues really intrigues me...

ie..China has a lot of "fake" parris cues ...so how do one define "fake" ?

eg. a cue not being hand made by the cue maker himself?.. or meaning any tom dick n harry just sticking on a parris badge onto any
    pc of wood and calling it a parris cue?

cos if i am not mistaken parris doesnt handmake each and every cue himself...or rather his guys in his workshop do the job but they stick his "parris" badge onto the wood...

So if the meaning of a genuine cue is one which comes from the parris workshop but is not personally made by him then a cue made by the so called "fake" factories in china is also similar to one which his factory makes just that they dont have explicit permission from john to produce these cues.

To me, a cue is a good cue when i can play all my various repertoire of shots with ease and it feels like me and the cue are 2 in 1..

Sorry just kinda confused...

Comment

Mr Ferrari does not make a Ferrari ......................so is that a fake ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I can see snowbalz point but you would think that mr parris would have his guys trained to a standard he's happy with and all the equipment and materials they use is top notch so regardless who makes it in his workshop its his men and tools that do the job where as someone else could just knock out any old rubbish and put his badge on which in anyones book is a fake.

Comment

Originally Posted by snowbalz View Post
          Hi guys

i am kinda new here... but the word "fake" cues really intrigues me...

ie..China has a lot of "fake" parris cues ...so how do one define "fake" ?

eg. a cue not being hand made by the cue maker himself?.. or meaning any tom dick n harry just sticking on a parris badge onto any
          pc of wood and calling it a parris cue?

cos if i am not mistaken parris doesnt handmake each and every cue himself...or rather his guys in his workshop do the job but they stick his "parris" badge onto the wood...

So if the meaning of a genuine cue is one which comes from the parris workshop but is not personally made by him then a cue made by the so called "fake" factories in china is also similar to one which his factory makes just that they dont have explicit permission from john to produce these cues.

To me, a cue is a good cue when i can play all my various repertoire of shots with ease and it feels like me and the cue are 2 in 1..

Sorry just kinda confused...
          a fake is an item made without the owners permission.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think this Fedia/Woolf147 character is great comedy value, i love to read his ebay ads, they are something Derek Trotter would come up with when he's trying to flog something.

It aint Fedia thats the mug, its the people paying his asking prices that need there heads testing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by snowbalz View Post
              ...So if the meaning of a genuine cue is one which comes from the parris workshop but is not personally made by him then a cue made by the so called "fake" factories in china is also similar to one which his factory makes just that they dont have explicit permission from john to produce these cues.

...Sorry just kinda confused...
              Hi Snowbalz... Fake means not real or not genuine. You have kind of answered your own question there... fake Parris cues are made without Mr Parris' permission.

Fake cues can still be well made and play well. But that's rather beside the point though...
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Yes, a fake item is one made without the owner's consent; it is a misrepresentation of a product pretending to be something that it is not in order to deceive the consumer. It is fraud.
                John has worked very hard to build his reputation. The fake cue manufacturers just put fake Parris badges on some cues made in wherever so they can sell their cues for much more money without putting in the hard work, that is stealing.
                Whether John Parris actually makes each and every one of his cues is not important; whether the said cue actually comes from his shop is.
                I thought it is rather straight forward and clear.
                Last edited by poolqjunkie; 20 January 2012, 06:36 PM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                X