• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous ash grain on that cue.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

• Yes not just the chevrons along the top but the side grain. Ive seen many advertised with straight grain but they rarely are, or the grain twists over the last few inches of the shaft. This is the straightest grain ive ever had on a cue from top to bottom. Gorgeous!!!
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Black Chacate, 4 secondary padauk + ebony front splice

58 1/8'' long
        9.5mm tip
        18.3oz
        29.5mm butt
        Balance at 17''

Last edited by Andy Travis; 30 May 2014, 03:41 PM.
        Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
        Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
        https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
        S36 1LB

Comment

• Andy - I realised that I didn't say thanks for all the work on my cues lately, so a belated thankyou.
          I've added a page on restorations to my site, got the firewood one on there for now, I should have taken some "before" pics to show the real difference, but even so I think it's clear.
          I've got the merall one's from ebay too so I'll put that one up too.

http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=restoration
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
            Black Chacate, 4 secondary padauk + ebony front splice

58 1/8'' long
            9.5mm tip
            18.3oz
            29.5mm butt
            Balance at 17''

Stunning cue !

Comment

Any enquiries contact address below
              58'' long
              9.8mm tip
              29.8mm butt
              17.5oz
              17.1/2'' balance

what a beautiful design.!! Is that olive wood? very Nice. The shaft too. looks perfect. I hope he plays as Well as he looks !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                what a beautiful design.!! Is that olive wood? very Nice. The shaft too. looks perfect. I hope he plays as Well as he looks !!!!
                Yes its olive wood. This cue is gorgeous and at the grand old age of 60, last night I had my first ever break of 40. Made countless breaks in the 30's over the years but the 40 always evaded me. The cue just feels right and many of you will know what I mean by that statement, hard to put into words.
                Feel my break building is improving with age now ive lost the fear of losing. I just try to make a decent break every frame and let the scoreboard decide who wins.
                Get far more pleasure from the game and take on many shots that I would previously have played safe off. If they go in it helps my break building, if they dont who cares its only a game.
                Last edited by Maverick54; 7 June 2014, 08:17 AM.
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• ANDY TRAVIS latest

Well done maverick you are playing the game in the right spirit and the breaks will come. A 50 break is just round the corner..enjoy

Comment

• Nice one Mav..... That's the way to play the game, congrats on your 40 next up 50 as johno says!!
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Well after scouting though this thread it looks like this Travis guy knows what he's doing and to be perfectly honest his cues look just as good as any others out there, and his prices seem very competitive. Has he got a huge waiting list? If not why haven't he?
                      I know it's a dog eat dog world but didn't see any other cue maker comment on his work.
                      Also do people buy the so-called top end cue maker cues not because they are any better or does it all boil down to when they sell them they are guaranteed nearly what they paid?

Comment

On their way this week

I missed these when originally posted, loving the bottom one, ebony with a hint of maple, class.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          Well after scouting though this thread it looks like this Travis guy knows what he's doing and to be perfectly honest his cues look just as good as any others out there, and his prices seem very competitive. Has he got a huge waiting list? If not why haven't he?
                          I know it's a dog eat dog world but didn't see any other cue maker comment on his work.
                          Also do people buy the so-called top end cue maker cues not because they are any better or does it all boil down to when they sell them they are guaranteed nearly what they paid?
                          Very quick turn around as far as i know, ie weeks not years lol
                          Cue will be just as good as any other maker, just down to perceived reasale value
                          Thinking about it, you never see any cuemaker comment on another maker's cues

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Very quick turn around as far as i know, ie weeks not years lol
                            Cue will be just as good as any other maker, just down to perceived reasale value
                            Thinking about it, you never see any cuemaker comment on another maker's cues
                            Cheers Mate I did have a feeling it could be down to resale

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              Well after scouting though this thread it looks like this Travis guy knows what he's doing and to be perfectly honest his cues look just as good as any others out there, and his prices seem very competitive. Has he got a huge waiting list? If not why haven't he?
                              Nice bloke to deal with, talks straight to the point no bull,
                              I picked a new cue up from his house and had some work done to it at a later date and his work is spot on and won't charge the earth for it

Comment

• ANDY TRAVIS latest

There is very little doubt that Andy has shown terrific craftsmanship in his cues over the last 18 months or so, I had a couple of older ones pass through my hands that were good cues in the same bracket as Craftsman and Mastercraft but his cues now way surpass those. Great work Andy
                                On Cue Facebook Page
                                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                                X