Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    should we not all buy £30 cues then?
    The more you pay, you will get better quality materials involved so should give you a better playing cue.
    But no one can ever say a JPU plays better than a TW, or a Glover plays better than a MW, in theory every cue maker can make a cue as good as anyone else, but as we all know that's not how it works in reality, but also no one can ever say one maker's cues play consistently better than someone else's, it's all down to personal preference

Comment

should we not all buy £30 cues then?
      Nothing to stop anyone buying a £30 cue and winning the World Championships with it, providing they have the talent of someone like Ronnie that is.

Paying more simply gets you a better looking quality item in theory.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I purchased a plain ebony 3/4 cue from Andy many many
        months ago and I have no complaints at all with it. I play
        with a larger than normal tip size and a heavier weight so
        I invested in something that met my needs. As I play
        usually 3-4 times a week I felt it was more than worth
        my while and finding a good off the shelf cue in Canada
        isnt easy.
        I have never played with another cue makers cue so I
        cant compare.

Comment

• in theory then a **** player is a ****player no matter what name is on the badge!yet a decent player is decent player no matter what he uses,which is probably why i am half decent whatever the stick i play with.

Comment

in theory then a **** player is a ****player no matter what name is on the badge!yet a decent player is decent player no matter what he uses,which is probably why i am half decent whatever the stick i play with.
            The first part of your statement is 100% correct. Cant comment on the second part as havnt seen you play. Be careful you dont big yourself up, its easy to over estimate ones capabilities
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
              The first part of your statement is 100% correct. Cant comment on the second part as havnt seen you play. Be careful you dont big yourself up, its easy to over estimate ones capabilities
              very true mate.

Comment

• Ebony, Olivewood with Thuya burr off to Brazil this week.
                After using my latest way of finishing, the grain cannot be felt or seen when held up to light resulting with a finish on a ash shaft smoother than any other ash i have seen, what you get is a ash shaft with the feel of smooth maple.

Last edited by Andy Travis; 25 July 2014, 11:07 PM.
                Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                S36 1LB

Comment

• Very nice that Andy

Comment

• That is one good looking cue .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                      Ebony, Olivewood with Thuya burr off to Brazil this week.
                      After developing a new way of finishing, the grain cannot be felt or seen when held up to light resulting with a finish smoother than any other cue i have seen, what you get is a ash shaft with the feel of smooth maple.
                      sounds very interesting
                      it is the one thing I dont like about ash is that the finish is often not as smooth as maple
                      is it a TSF member in Brazil?
                      Maybe we can get a review
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I like the way the grain is not over enhanced ( if at all ) . The really black chevrons look, isn't for me. .
                        Last edited by billabong; 22 July 2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          it is the one thing I dont like about ash is that the finish is often not as smooth as maple
                          It's what I like about ash, the minute ridges in the grain is the reason the ash shaft glides over the skin better as the contact is not total. Maple is too smooth and more sticky as a result and making an ash shaft as smooth as maple negates the main reason for using ash in the first place.

You'lll find an old handmade ash cue won't be perfectly round and that is part of it's appeal.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            It's what I like about ash, the minute ridges in the grain is the reason the ash shaft glides over the skin better as the contact is not total. Maple is too smooth and more sticky as a result and making an ash shaft as smooth as maple negates the main reason for using ash in the first place.

You'lll find an old handmade ash cue won't be perfectly round and that is part of it's appeal.
                            I give up
                            Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                            Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                            https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                            S36 1LB

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                              I give up
                              LOL, looking for the "pulling your hair out" smilie ?

Don't make the mistake of trying to please everyone mate, it's just not possible.

At least this way, your customers now have more options on their shaft finish.

Nice cue btw . . :congratulatory:

Comment

• Cracker Andy, looks a really nice finish you've found.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X