ANDY TRAVIS latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Although I agree what you're saying, it's more to do with if every cue plays different to each individual then why do most people suit Trevor white cues and insist his cues are the best, in other words Trevor must be doing something different to other cuemakers to make his cues more consistent and probably the cue to have at the minute.
    Because Trevs cues are regarded as one of if not the best in the business , its something he,s worked hard on for a number of years and because of that he,s built up a reputation as a world class cue maker and the demand for his cues reflects in the interest in the uk and overseas . The resale value also reflects this

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      Because Trevs cues are regarded as one of if not the best in the business , its something he,s worked hard on for a number of years and because of that he,s built up a reputation as a world class cue maker and the demand for his cues reflects in the interest in the uk and overseas . The resale value also reflects this
      Yes but if he's regarded as one of the best if not the best then surely in theory he must be making his cues differently to so-called lesser regarded cuemakers hence why the majority of players seem to suit his cues.

Comment

Yes but if he's regarded as one of the best if not the best then surely in theory he must be making his cues differently to so-called lesser regarded cuemakers hence why the majority of players seem to suit his cues.
        Theres no telling if his or any other cues suits a player until they have tried them out . When buying blind you dont know if youre going to like it so you have to think of the resale value , ive lost aso much money on cues when i started buying in the search for the cue after a long lay off , it took a while before i found out what cues resold for , which ones held their value , which ones didnt and approx how much value they approx lost . Now i know and although i dont buy cues to sell on to make a profit i dont buy to lose money either so i tend to be careful what im buying .

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          Theres no telling if his or any other cues suits a player until they have tried them out . When buying blind you dont know if youre going to like it so you have to think of the resale value , ive lost aso much money on cues when i started buying in the search for the cue after a long lay off , it took a while before i found out what cues resold for , which ones held their value , which ones didnt and approx how much value they approx lost . Now i know and although i dont buy cues to sell on to make a profit i dont buy to lose money either so i tend to be careful what im buying .
          Most defiantly and you can see why many cuemakers much prefer to have a waiting list not only because it makes their cues look more unique with some in a sense but it also helps the customers when they re-sell. The sad thing is also that cuemakers with a short waiting list to many people are regarded as not worthy so to speak. Who want to wait 4 weeks for a cue when you can have one in 3 1/2 years...

Comment

Most defiantly and you can see why many cuemakers much prefer to have a waiting list not only because it makes their cues look more unique with some in a sense but it also helps the customers when they re-sell. The sad thing is also that cuemakers with a short waiting list to many people are regarded as not worthy so to speak. Who want to wait 4 weeks for a cue when you can have one in 3 1/2 years...
            4 weeks......geez thats a long time
            Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

• Red Mallee Burr, not easy to make but worth it in the end

Last edited by Andy Travis; 20 June 2015, 08:49 AM.
              Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
              Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
              https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
              S36 1LB

Comment

• Very nice Andy. Just as a matter of interest, what does the balance point , and the weight

come out at, before weighting ?

Comment

• 15oz, 19'' balance
                  S36 1LB

Comment

• have always like red mellee (mallee?) but did not know that it is difficult to work with, why is that Andy? Is it a smelly one?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Brittle...
                      S36 1LB

Comment

• Stunning , Andy , simply stunning . I saw the timber raw , but had no idea it would turn out to be so beautiful .

Comment

Crikey, did you hassle your mom on the 1st January about Xmas presents? lol. If JP has no customers you'd still have to wait 6-9mths for a JPU BECAUSE the shaft needs to be rested (after he found the right piece of ash with the correct number of chevrons and grain choice). MW says something similar on his Bosch planing video. I think he says a month or as long as you can wait, summat like that. Cue makers do this to see if the wood moves and often it does. Folk like TW do it as well. Or do you want a warped cue or a cue warping down the line because it didn't rest properly between cuts?

The reason TP can deliver inside two months is because he either has shafts semi-ready (in which case they've pre-rested) or he's resting for less time. Maybe TP can answer that one.

Anyway, if you didn't have to wait a bit, it wouldn't be special!
                          Last edited by Master Blaster; 20 June 2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• ANDY TRAVIS latest

[QUOTE=Master
                            The reason TP can deliver inside two months is because he either has shafts semi-ready (in which case they've pre-rested) or he's resting for less time. Maybe TP can answer that one.

Anyway, if you didn't have to wait a bit, it wouldn't be special![/QUOTE]

?who is TP?
                            Last edited by DeanH; 20 June 2015, 10:56 AM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• maybe tw and jp have had a love child and called him tp

Comment

• that made me laugh out loud!

Comment

Working...
                                X