• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
    Burwat Champion Replica. tribute to my favourite old cue

Very very nice

Comment

• Lovely looking cue. I'd personally prefer it without the badge...but I suppose that's where a fair bit of the margin lies!

Comment

• woudnt be a replica then would it!

Comment

• ....Correct!

Comment

For adam from Pontypridd.

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
            Burwat Champion Replica. tribute to my favourite old cue

Very nice cues Andy and finishing is exceptional!
            Are these finishes using a shellac/lacquer finish(which I prefer tbh)????
            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Andy does seem to use a shellac/lacquer type finish on his butts, or so it seems from my friend's cue
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                Very nice cues Andy and finishing is exceptional!
                Are these finishes using a shellac/lacquer finish(which I prefer tbh)????
                It has a mixture.
                25% linseed oil. 20% french polish. 45% friction polish and the most important part to give that shine is 10% snot (has to be female) extracted when donor is asleep.
                let us know how you get on
                Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                S36 1LB

Comment

It has a mixture.
                  25% linseed oil. 20% french polish. 45% friction polish and the most important part to give that shine is 10% snot (has to be female) extracted when donor is asleep.
                  let us know how you get on
                  We should swap wives you'd get more cues done as my Mrs can be very snotty

Comment

• This is added to the the butt opposite side of the badge (10mm round) and will be on any other replicas I make.

Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                    Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                    https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                    S36 1LB

Comment

This is added to the the butt opposite side of the badge (10mm round) and will be on any other replicas I make.

Well done Andy, great idea

Comment

This is added to the the butt opposite side of the badge (10mm round) and will be on any other replicas I make.
                        Nice idea Andy. Out of the way, but still removes any doubt when sold on.

Some prat will no doubt in the future try to re-splice the bit underneath, but there's

a limit to what you can do, and this is a lot more than the norm. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          Nice idea Andy. Out of the way, but still removes any doubt when sold on.

Some prat will no doubt in the future try to re-splice the bit underneath, but there's

a limit to what you can do, and this is a lot more than the norm. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Very nice cue!! Is it an original Burwat badge or a replica badge?

So it is not possible to get one without the second badge? Wouldn't an original be worth less than an Andy Travis replica? So why would someone try to sell it as an original? Or am I missing something? I am thinking it would be worth more with the second badge but if the buyer wanted it without it would be their loss if they later sold it.

Edit: why does the 'Andy Travis' above contain a link to ebay as I didn't include one???
                          Last edited by mythman69; 25 July 2015, 12:32 PM.
                          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Very good idea Andy,

Comment

• Very nice, provides subsequent potential buyers with great information, and in my view enhances the value of the cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Edit: why does the 'Andy Travis' above contain a link to ebay as I didn't include one???
                                yep, it happens on many words and phrases, the system TSF is based on tries to "help" with automatically finding a link to match the words, usually failing miserably and annoyingly
                                Ferret, any way of turning this feature off?
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X