No announcement yet.

A little expensive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty obvious though that people are ordering cues with zero intention of ever using them in order to try their luck with a double or more mark up as soon as received.

I personally find this scum behaviour but as mentioned if people are prepared to pay.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
      People pay what they want if they want something bad enough - would you pay 150k for Tracey Emin's bed, even if she was in it?

Premiums have always existed for products with a waiting list but I'll be selling an Exquisite cue set soon and it's as good a cue as an Ultimate but just has a different name, you could have that plus a car and holiday for the money this Ultimate is going for but horses for courses...

The state of that ........i would gladly pay £150k not to have her in my bed !!!
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
        It's pretty obvious though that people are ordering cues with zero intention of ever using them in order to try their luck with a double or more mark up as soon as received.

I personally find this scum behaviour but as mentioned if people are prepared to pay.

I myself ordered a JPU with the intention or using it, but knew if I didn't like it I could sell it on for at least what it would cost now new, I was not out to buy to sell on as profit, turns out it's was not for me like a lot I have bought. that's the chance you take I guess.. so there was no point hanging on the it...asking £2500 for a JPU really is taking the *** , I don't see how selling it on for a small profit is wrong after waiting over 12+ months and taking into account the crazy waiting times!
        Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 18 November 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
          I myself ordered a JPU with the intention or using it, but knew if I didn't like it I could sell it on for at least what it would cost now new, I was not out to buy to sell on as profit, turns out it's was not for me like a lot I have bought. that's the chance you take I guess.. so there was no point hanging on the it...asking £1500 for a JPU really is taking the *** , I don't see how selling it on for a small profit is wrong after waiting over 12+ months and taking into account the crazy waiting times!
          No problem with a small profit considering waiting times but with prices for an Ultimate starting at £1750 going up to £2750 on eBay at the moment - all with same description along the lines of "only used a few times or "originally made for.....", I just don't get it personally.

Comment

I agree we are not talking 23 4 or even 5 hundred pounds profit here are we -You surely got to draw a line somewhere no??
            This guy is trying to sell a cue for at least one and a half thousand pounds more than it cost new in someone else's spec

If it does not have Ronnie's DNA on it - its not worth it.

Comment

I wonder how long before JPU's will be £3000+. no one surely would pay these prices

Comment

I don't see why people are so outraged! JPU cues are right now the most sought after cue that money can buy.

Like minnesota, I ordered my JPU Sep 2012 with the intention of using it, I had always wanted one but never needed one as up until last year I was happy enough with my old cue. Now on ordering the current time frame on the Parris website was 12 months, acceptable in my eyes as I thought I could persevere with my old cue until its ready.
                Unfortunately Parris updated his website just a few months later with a revised waiting time of 15-24 months which made my decision to find another cue in the meantime.

Now I have adapted really well to this cue and for me as a pretty good player I value the playing characteristics over any aesthetics or big brand name badges. As I have already put the money aside for the JPU I don't see the point in kissing goodbye to the deposit so when it does eventually get made I will of course try it out and really give it a good test and hopefully it plays even better than this phoenix I've bought. If not I know I'd be a fool to sell the JPU for anything less than market value, and right now that seems to be about double the price that JP charges. The reality is if I sold it cheap or around the price from JP direct I know it will end up being snapped up and put on Ebay for a premium. So tell me am I so wrong for doing that and admit to me that you wouldn't do the same in your position???

Comment

I WAITED 32 MONTHS FOR THIS TO BE MADE.

I HAVE LISTED THIS USED, BUT HAVE USED IT TWICE ONLY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    I don't see why people are so outraged! JPU cues are right now the most sought after cue that money can buy.

Like minnesota, I ordered my JPU Sep 2012 with the intention of using it, I had always wanted one but never needed one as up until last year I was happy enough with my old cue. Now on ordering the current time frame on the Parris website was 12 months, acceptable in my eyes as I thought I could persevere with my old cue until its ready.
                    Unfortunately Parris updated his website just a few months later with a revised waiting time of 15-24 months which made my decision to find another cue in the meantime.

Now I have adapted really well to this cue and for me as a pretty good player I value the playing characteristics over any aesthetics or big brand name badges. As I have already put the money aside for the JPU I don't see the point in kissing goodbye to the deposit so when it does eventually get made I will of course try it out and really give it a good test and hopefully it plays even better than this phoenix I've bought. If not I know I'd be a fool to sell the JPU for anything less than market value, and right now that seems to be about double the price that JP charges. The reality is if I sold it cheap or around the price from JP direct I know it will end up being snapped up and put on Ebay for a premium. So tell me am I so wrong for doing that and admit to me that you wouldn't do the same in your position???
                    In my opinion you're not in the wrong for doing this, and I don't think selling a JPU for a premium/market price is comparable to a builder ripping off a little old lady either.

I could see an issue in straight up speculating in this, buying up all the JPU's one could get ones hands on, filling up JP's order queue to 500 months, but as you lay it out above and as Minnesota Martin has as well -- I would've done the same. Why take less money for something you thought you'd use but didn't, and basically do someone else, who's not up for waiting like everyone else, a big favor?
                    Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                      I wonder how long before JPU's will be £3000+. no one surely would pay these prices
                      Supply and demand quite simply.
                      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Still greed though, no one is against a 2-3 hundred pound gain, but some of these sellers are taking the pi55 it's disgusting

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                          Still greed though, no one is against a 2-3 hundred pound gain, but some of these sellers are taking the pi55 it's disgusting
                          Why should they only gain 2 - 300 hundred if theres people out there that are willing to pay more??

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
                            Why should they only gain 2 - 300 hundred if theres people out there that are willing to pay more??

And if it's allowed to go on the the ceiling price for these cues will ever increase, where does it stop? there seems to be far too many people buying with the intent to make a few quid, i wouldn't be surprised if some people aren't buying a quantity of them increasing the wait for people that genuinely want a parris ultimate just to make money...it stinks

Comment

I think the relevent phrase is used in one of the posts above, " market value "and don't we all live in a free market economy ?
                              People with the disposable income and no time to waste on 2 year waiting lists will make their own minds up.
                              People without the disposable income will usually want to pass some disparaging comments.
                              Asking a high price and then coming down to meet the "market " is a sound and legitimate business strategy, asking a low price,agreeing to sell and then selling to another party for more is a low act.
                              I for one will be very interested in seeing what the " market " will pay for this cue, the adjectives used by the seller are pathetic but the cue is what it is.
                              " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

At the end of the day the market forces will dictate what these cues are worth. Personally I don't think Parris cues are any better than any other makers.

Comment

Working...
                                X