A little expensive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    The state of that ........i would gladly pay £150k not to have her in my bed !!!
    What he said.......She is one fugly woman.

Comment

9 Stellas and 2 bags needed for that one Trevor .........and then i would have to think about it !!!
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

If someone has paid these premiums for an Ultimate and it instantly turned them into a ton machine then I stand corrected.

I'm sorry, I really don't get the point about supply and demand. I have seen a few JPU and there really isn't anything special about them that sets them apart from other UK makers, looks and playability wise.

I could get used to any cue in time, I just like it when I have a cue that has been crafted by the person named on the badge and you don't even get that now with a JPU!

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
          I just like it when I have a cue that has been crafted by the person named on the badge and you don't even get that now with a JPU!
          Enter Trevor White stage left . . . :snooker:

-----------------------------------------------

Comment

or Ray with Exquisite. People aren't paying top dollar for a cue because it was made by the person on the name badge, they are paying for the name, it's like designer clothes - Ralph Lauren or Armani don't make those clothes, it's just some ordinary person in a factory but when they put the label on it becomes worth ten times as much as if they didn't put the label on

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
              or Ray with Exquisite. People aren't paying top dollar for a cue because it was made by the person on the name badge, they are paying for the name, it's like designer clothes - Ralph Lauren or Armani don't make those clothes, it's just some ordinary person in a factory but when they put the label on it becomes worth ten times as much as if they didn't put the label on
              Don't think you can compare what Trevor does to what Raymond does, it's very different
              77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

they're both just wooden cues, made very well. they don't contain special ingredients nor are made with special machines that impart special powers and pot balls on their own and most players could not tell the difference with the badges off

Comment

listen people, nobody is selling them for £2750 - i have sold 4 or 5 in the last couple of months or so and all have been much less, current price they are actually fetching is between 800-1200 which is pretty reasonable. you can list a cue on ebay for 50k it does not mean somebody will buy it!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

you can list a cue on ebay for 50k it does not mean somebody will buy it!
                    And finally, some sense enters the debate.

I have a JPU on order, a Coutts cue and a Robin Cook cue. There were all made to the same spec to replace my old cue.

I have also had a Mac cue, a Glover cue and a Mike Wooldridge cue that have since been sold on because my TW cue clicked with me instantly.
                    I have no use for the 3 that are to come so I will be selling them on for the best price I can achieve. I really must be scum eh?

Comment

Yep , understand what you are both saying , Pottr and ADR . We know they don't sell for this . I just thought it was a totally deluded starting price in the 1st place . Would love to know how he came up with that figure .

People must do their homework before advertising on Ebay you would think .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Yep , understand what you are both saying , Pottr and ADR . We know they don't sell for this . I just thought it was a totally deluded starting price in the 1st place . Would love to know how he came up with that figure .

People must do their homework before advertising on Ebay you would think .
                        other than the ronnies cue number 805 i have not seen one fetch over £1500 and would think if anybody had it would be me.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                        X