No announcement yet.

Jim Black Cues - The Northy part of Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received my 1 pc. from Jim exactly 2 years ago. It's a terrific cue for me. I used to change cues every year or two but I've sold my other cues and now I think I'll stay with this one and be done with the "search".
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Hi Stevie,
      Yes mate, still building cues, I just don't have as much time as I'd like due to my day job so trying to clear all back orders for 2016, hence my closed order book for the rest of this year. Repairs for local players also eats into cue building time, I'm not complaining though, it's all paid work

Hey there Wayne,
      Good to hear from you buddy and I'm pleased that your cue is still performing as it should

General update : As many of you already know cue-building for me is a currently a hobby job but I do really enjoy it, there's something very therapeutic about taking planks from raw to finished cue, slower of course but a lot of job satisfaction at the end.

This year I decided to invest in a small engineering lathe for joint work, it was the one thing I felt was missing from my workshop so I'd always kept an eye open for a good second hand one, it took awhile but finally found a lathe locally that fitted the purpose, by local I mean at least here in Ireland haha!
      I got one of these that's just a couple of years old, really good condition so obviously well looked after and at the right money of course

http://www.bernardo.at/shop/en/metal...i-700-bqv.html

I'm very pleased with the performance, it's accurate, smooth, 38mm spindle bore, single phase as standard and reasonably priced ... it ticked all the boxes.

Comment

• That's a nice looking bit of kit Jim.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Al second that Jim. It's a fancy looking thing
          Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Pale moon ebony is a gorgeous sight. Lucky Fred.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why folk want to get into long queues and pay silly money for famous badges when cues like this can be had.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              Pale moon ebony is a gorgeous sight. Lucky Fred.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why folk want to get into long queues and pay silly money for famous badges when cues like this can be had.
              Yes Jim does turn out top cues his badges are so nice aswell
              Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Working...
              X