Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
    Hey Jim,

Nice looking cues, definitely considering ordering one.

Can I trouble you to share your experiences with using Danish oil? Does it create a thin film layer as it is part oil and part varnish?

The reason I am asking is because I don't like a total smooth and slippery butt feel and looking to add a very small amount of friction on the butt.

Thank you.

Yes, Danish oil leaves a very thin top layer, more so if not cut back but I tend to cut back with 2000 grit and buff between coats, it's a longer process but I like it.
    But, it's also depends on what the customer wants.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      Ha ha ha - oh very good. My only critique is the cloth on that table at the bottom that the last cue is led on looks a bit on the heavy side
      LOL ... yea, I should've remember to iron it first eh

Comment

• Thanks for all the comments chaps, it's much appreciated and encouraging

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimB View Post
          Thanks for all the comments chaps, it's much appreciated and encouraging
          Can I ask a few questions Jim?

Comment

Yes, Danish oil leaves a very thin top layer, more so if not cut back but I tend to cut back with 2000 grit and buff between coats, it's a longer process but I like it.
            But, it's also depends on what the customer wants.
            Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Does Danish oil provide this small amount of grip/friction on the butt?

Comment

• Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
              Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Does Danish oil provide this small amount of grip/friction on the butt?
              Not overly mate, i don't think the varnish content is very high in the Danish I use but maybe it varies depending on brand.

Comment

• come on Jim dying to ask.

Is it true you once made a guitar for -

Comment

• And this guy -

Comment

• once had a game of snooker with herbie Armstrong and he never mentioned it

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      And this guy - ... snip
                      Not me individually but part of the team yea.
                      Van wanted a 'VM' inlaid in mother of pearl at the 12th fret as well to personalise it ... looked nice too.
                      That was quite a while ago, around 2002'ish
                      Last edited by JimB; 1 July 2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• That is pretty cool that Jim - I think you quite the modest one.

So mother of pearl inlays eh? Expect a text from MB pretty soon

Comment

• lol ... don't even joke mate

Comment

Not overly mate, i don't think the varnish content is very high in the Danish I use but maybe it varies depending on brand.
                            Jim,

Thanks for your advice.

I will go buy some danish oil and try it out.

Comment

• great looking cues Jim, think I'll be placing an order with you in the near future mate

Comment

• Hey Jim hope all is well. Have done anything new on the cue front recently ? I always keep and eye out but not seen anything for a while, perhaps u have been busy with work and that. Hope to see some more of your work soon and probably not the only one.

Comment

Working...
                                X