Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Day Contact Details for Cue Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally would name n shame to prevent it happening to some1 else

Comment

i'm no detective but must be this 1!
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Master-cue...item27dc952ce1

Comment

Took me ages to read the in depth description of that cue...........
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Pretty sure the person who left that negative feedback was KeithinFrance too, so I know who I'd trust!
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Pretty sure the person who left that negative feedback was KeithinFrance too, so I know who I'd trust!
            Is Keith still around? Haven't heard from him for a while?

Comment

I'm not sure if he's on here much, heard from him at the end of Oct to say he was playing great with a cue I sold him tho.
              Imagine Dave Coutts will know something about those 3 dodgy cues, as he has his cues delivered there.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks mate. Good to hear Keith is playing well. Top bloke. Was very helpful to me a few years ago when i was looking for a cue.

Comment

Looks like the name and shaming has been done for me.

Yes that is the cue, the seller had it listed before with a slightly more indepth description, but like I said, I actually spoke to him on the phone before purchase and was assured that the cue was spot on.

Thanks to Dave Walton for sending me Alan Days number.

However the number I have been given by the seller doesn't match so it will be interesting to see if Alan has 2 mobiles or I am being conned.
                  If I have a spare minute tomorrow I will make the call.

Will make sure to post an update if anything develops.

Cheers,
                  George.

Comment

Is it a rattle or does it sound hollow, i have altered a few mastercue 3/4 cues and some had a 12mm hole drilled through the whole butt from joint to butt joint
                    Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                    Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                    https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                    S36 1LB

Comment

Originally Posted by doganator View Post
                      that's you off the hook then

on a side issue - who is alan day anyway? never heard of him.
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Cue maker from the NE England .Apparently does quite a bit of work for Stu up at Green Baize. Strange how " regional " some makers are .I had this conversation with Dave Coutts not so long ago .Trev = Wales , MW = South West , Parris = London , Osbourne = London, Coutts , Robin , Stamford = Lincolnshire , Dave at Craftsman = Yorkshire , Kev Muncaster ( retired ) = Lancashire , Wilshaw = Staffordshire , Master Craft = Shropshire , not an exhaustive list and doesnt contain a list of hobbyists or enthusiastic amateurs .Alot of the aforementioned seem to be known more on a regional basis , until they become firmly established , I am of course looking at this from an historical perspective, after all how long did it take you to establish and grow Mike Wooldridge Cues. I think its great that there is not one dominant English cue manufacturer , such as B & W , Thurston , Orme or Peradon of old , to me variety is the spice of life and there is plenty of room for quality , small scale , cue builders , such as yourself. I believe it leads to more innovation , such as the work Dennis Garrison did for Aeon , work that stands the test of time to this day.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                          Originally Posted by doganator View Post
                          that's you off the hook then

on a side issue - who is alan day anyway? never heard of him.
                          He's a cue maker in Gateshead, as mentioned above he does a lot of repaires/alterations for Stu Green and basically the resident cue doctor at Gateshead snooker center.

Comment

ah thanks, i should've known that. i need to get out of my workshop more…
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Hi it's Stu, are you still needing Alans mobile number ?
                              www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                                Cue maker from the NE England .Apparently does quite a bit of work for Stu up at Green Baize. Strange how " regional " some makers are .I had this conversation with Dave Coutts not so long ago .Trev = Wales , MW = South West , Parris = London , Osbourne = London, Coutts , Robin , Stamford = Lincolnshire , Dave at Craftsman = Yorkshire , Kev Muncaster ( retired ) = Lancashire , Wilshaw = Staffordshire , Master Craft = Shropshire , not an exhaustive list and doesnt contain a list of hobbyists or enthusiastic amateurs .Alot of the aforementioned seem to be known more on a regional basis , until they become firmly established , I am of course looking at this from an historical perspective, after all how long did it take you to establish and grow Mike Wooldridge Cues. I think its great that there is not one dominant English cue manufacturer , such as B & W , Thurston , Orme or Peradon of old , to me variety is the spice of life and there is plenty of room for quality , small scale , cue builders , such as yourself. I believe it leads to more innovation , such as the work Dennis Garrison did for Aeon , work that stands the test of time to this day.

Really good post that and bang on . Very regionalised .........if that's a word !!
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X