Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Day Contact Details for Cue Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
    I have already got in touch with Alan, the cue is on its way to him as we speak.

Andy Travis, there is something small rattling inside the butt, however when I have shaken the butt to make it rattle, occasionally whatever is rattling around in there sounds as if it is dropping right from one end of the butt to the other, but only occasionally, for the most part it sounds like its stuck in a fairly confined space.

I don't suppose anyone has a clue how long Master Cue have been engraving their joints for? I was surprised that this cue has no engraving on the joints whereas I have seen a few fairly new budget machine spliced master cues that do have the joints engraved. I'm just wondering how old this cue is? Does anyone know how long they have stopped producing the "Special"?

The seller also told me that the "Special" model was the previous range to their new "Connoisseur" model. Meaning that it was a more expensive cue when new. Is this true? Just wondering if the £137.50 + the £11.96 x 2 postage means I have paid over the odds. Obviously its my fault if I have and there's nothing I can do about it now, but it would be nice to know!

Anyway, hopefully I will hear from Alan sometime next week and I will let you all know the score when the cue gets returned to me.

Again, thanks everyone for all your help!

Cheers.

Comment

If its same as the others i have seen it needs a 12mm dowel to fill the hole through the butt
      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
      S36 1LB

Comment

Sorry for my delay is replying to this thread!

Anyway, the story is as follows:

I sent the cue to Alan Day, he received it within a couple days and immediately called me to let me know it had arrived.

The next day he called me again and gave me the low-down on what the problem was, turns out it was just a loose piece of glue that had come off from the back of the brass joint.

As the cue was already in his possession i thought I may as well pay a bit extra to have it cleaned and re-finished which he was more than happy to do, and he was going to do it extremely cheaply. Alan seemed like a lovely chap and I will recommend him personally to everyone I know down this way.

I was all geared up to pay for the extra work and the return postage and was (fairly) happy to do so, when i got a message from the original ebay seller, stating that he had paid for all the work to be done on the cue, including the clean up and re-finish. All I had to pay for was the return postage.

I received the cue, It looks like it is basically in new condition, Alan has done a lovely job of cleaning it up and i am more than happy with it.
        In the end the original seller has apologized for the inconvenience and has done everything he could to put it right. That doesn't mean I am overly happy with the way I was originally treated, but I suppose Its right to forgive and forget!

So at the end of it all, I am the price of the cue plus £24 postage two ways down, but happy all the same and can get back to hitting some balls, and "hopefully" improving as a player.

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice, this is a really good forum with a good bunch of people.

Comment

I do love a happy ending . Fair play to the seller for getting it sorted for you .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

Any chance of some pics?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Glad all worked out satisfactorily.
              So the details the seller gave for Alan Day correct and the same you got here?

yep, pictures please
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                Not sure what the e- Bay rules are but would be worth checking. What feedback does the seller have?
                To be fair to the seller something could have happened to the cue in transit. They do get bashed about a bit at times by certain couriers. It would be easy for something to have come loose, maybe a small bit of dried glue.
                Good luck.
                Great result and my diagnosis of a bit of dried glue proved to be correct. Think I'll set up as a cue doctor. Lol.

Comment

Alan is a nice bloke and very good cuemaker/repairer, he replaced a joint on one of my cues and its a very good job, you can't go wrong using his services

Comment

Working...
                  X