Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fuzz over a snooker cue...
    Dear me, is it really that frightening or frustrating? :-)
    I'm in bits...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147
      when did you get the humour bypass - if you really want to fall out with me thats no problem i really honestly could not care less! oh and by the way. tu pue.
      Man......How old are you??? Supposed to be 34 yo??? After this, I'd say 4...no more!

I'm just stunned by the level of the discussion here...

Oh, btw, if you wanna try to write in French, try to do it without typos next time.
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Save your breath Erwan, I think we ended up in a teen chatroom here :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by wagga wagga
          Save your breath Erwan, I think we ended up in a teen chatroom here :-)
          Yeah, you're right...lol ;-)
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• I've been away for a bit and just read through this thread.

Inevitably any technology claiming to be a revolution in a well established craft is going to meet skepticism. Put proponents of it in a room with traditional cuemakers and established players and you're going to get some heated discussion and disagreement. That much is healthy and makes for interesting debate, but it's disappointing to see disagreement spilling over into insults from both sides.

Wity and others, until you've spent some hours with an Acuerate yourselves or indeed have seen good science telling you it doesn't work, please try to keep an open mind and don't write the product off completely. I wouldn't close the thread for the reasons you put Wity because in my view Acuerate has a fair right to defend his product against criticisms just as you have a right to make reasonable criticism. He didn't start this discussion and I don't see it as a deliberate advertising vehicle.

Acuerate, I do agree with Wity in the respect that you can't expect people to be convinced by claims of 'scientific proof' if we have no details of the comparision and only a vague description of the method. If the product is all that you say it is then I do think it'd be in the best interests of your business to do a properly documented comparison between the best yourself and an established maker like Trevor can put forward. Perhaps also a test of your cues made to different custom specifications and evidence that they still preserve this 'low throw' characteristic. Personal testimony, even from the likes of Hendry, only goes so far as cue tastes are so subjective (he loved his Powerglide too).

Can I ask then for a clean slate, the personal insults end here. I'll be interested to read whatever's left of this debate but if it's not kept civil I will have to close the thread.

Comment

• I am not that interested in Stephen Hendry's cue, until I just saw there were 139 posts about this issue. I got curious and told myself, have a look. There might be going on something, about this cue. How disappointing!

Comment

• Well, I am interested in Stephen Hendry's cue - and just as curious... only to feel just as disappointed as you are...
                Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

• You are all right.
                  This has gone way out of hands, and people are often lead by emotions.

Therefore, maybe everyone can start from scratch, and start adding valueable information only.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally Posted by Robert602
                    I've been away for a bit and just read through this thread.

Inevitably any technology claiming to be a revolution in a well established craft is going to meet skepticism. Put proponents of it in a room with traditional cuemakers and established players and you're going to get some heated discussion and disagreement. That much is healthy and makes for interesting debate, but it's disappointing to see disagreement spilling over into insults from both sides.

Wity and others, until you've spent some hours with an Acuerate yourselves or indeed have seen good science telling you it doesn't work, please try to keep an open mind and don't write the product off completely. I wouldn't close the thread for the reasons you put Wity because in my view Acuerate has a fair right to defend his product against criticisms just as you have a right to make reasonable criticism. He didn't start this discussion and I don't see it as a deliberate advertising vehicle.

Acuerate, I do agree with Wity in the respect that you can't expect people to be convinced by claims of 'scientific proof' if we have no details of the comparision and only a vague description of the method. If the product is all that you say it is then I do think it'd be in the best interests of your business to do a properly documented comparison between the best yourself and an established maker like Trevor can put forward. Perhaps also a test of your cues made to different custom specifications and evidence that they still preserve this 'low throw' characteristic. Personal testimony, even from the likes of Hendry, only goes so far as cue tastes are so subjective (he loved his Powerglide too).

Can I ask then for a clean slate, the personal insults end here. I'll be interested to read whatever's left of this debate but if it's not kept civil I will have to close the thread.

Very good points here Robert602, some sense spoken.

No need for negative personal comments, that's pointless.

The problem is, as stated above, is that if something is touted as being somewhat revolutionary and unique, offering unrivalled levels of accuracy or whatever, people are going to want proof. It's this proof that will be difficult for Acuerate to provide in all honesty, as Robert602 rightly says above, cues are so subjective, and not all players will like the same things.

If someone else came along and said: -

'NEW CUE DEVELOPED'

"Ronnie O'Sullivan is using a specially made black coloured cue, which helps in sighting more consistently".

Would everyone believe it just because Ronnie says it works???

Many would, no doubt. But could it be proven?...maybe,...... maybe not.

The thing is with this Acuerate cue is that it has been about for a while hasn't it?......but.....
                    As yet, no-one who's used one has won ranking events or any other major tournaments have they, and yet, because Mr Hnedry decides to 'try' one, many are bigging them up to be out of this world. The question is then, who is doing this 'bigging up', and, could they have some personal agenda???

Well from what I can see, this appears to be what has inflamed some here, though not me at all I must say.

What I am amazed by is the claim to have a product that does something other cues won't and can't do, when this is just not the case at all.
                    It's this type of 'slighty' false information that is annoying, as anyone could claim anything to promote their product on the back of a fortunate opportunity like Hendry deciding to use this cue.

I can catagorically guarantee anyone, that these cues 'HAVE TO BE MADE'
                    to 'CERTAIN TOLERANCES' to be able to behave in the way the 'might'.

Any player that may come along, stating exact dimensions in a detailed way for one of these Acuerate cues to be built, could totally destroy their ability to minimise throw. This is because certain criteria has to be followed to enable any cue to behave in a reliable fashion......FACT.

If this criteria is not followed due to the specification and instruction of a customers requirements, the cue will 'NOT' be as they claim.....FACT.

The ultimate problem is this,

I've attempted to explain the physical properties of cue behaviour to anyone reading this thread, when many just don't have the understanding of these differences in cues. They may be very very competent players, that I won't argue with. However, I've dealt with numerous top amateurs and professional snooker players, some of them world class in every regard, but, even they still don't know 'WHY' a cue does what it does, they just know what works for them and how to use it. So really, the fact that any player uses this or that cue is no proof that it is 'ANY' better than the next.

I won't be posting on this thread any further, as it might make some believe I've got an agenda of some sort. Either to promote myself, or, to discredit Acuerate, when neither of these things would be true. The information I've offered or comment I've put forward has been for the interest of the viewing reader/player, and not, for any other reason.

I think people should make up their own minds on cues, but having said that, I think they should be armed with enough background knowledge to enable them to make some kind of well informed choice.

Thanks..

Comment

• very good post trevs1

Comment

• Well, I have dug into this cue archive and it seems as if some posters think its like formula 1. If you get the best car, you are number one! On pro level its all about between the ears. I dont think Hendry will get very far. He seemed out of sorts the last few months whatever cue he got! and he is one of my favourites.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH
                          Man......How old are you??? Supposed to be 34 yo??? After this, I'd say 4...no more!

I'm just stunned by the level of the discussion here...

Oh, btw, if you wanna try to write in French, try to do it without typos next time.
                          yes the post has gone downhill abit eh! - i don't think i am the one to blame for that though! - my wife is french so speaking it is ok, however writing it is not my area! actually my 4 year old is a big fan of saying tu pue so you might be right in where that came from! - i have arranged to buy one of these cues and will give it an honest test and send it to trevor who i know will do the same.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Blame me if you want folks it's no skin off my nose. I'll make no opology for anything i've wrote though as I'll always call an spade a spade and till the Acuerate company prove their claim I and anyone who has the slightest bit of common sense who reads it will take it for what it is, 100% bull****.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wity
                              Blame me if you want folks it's no skin off my nose. I'll make no opology for anything i've wrote though as I'll always call an spade a spade and till the Acuerate company prove their claim I and anyone who has the slightest bit of common sense who reads it will take it for what it is, 100% bull****.
                              yes but don't you want to keep the thread open until we have all tested the cue out?
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• We are looking at it from two different viewpoints though Andrew. You want to get an overall opinion from players and makers alike, a honest review, fair enough. I'm looking at their claim that their cues produce no throw and are better in that respect than any other.

Wether the cue is a painted bit of ramin with no balance and considered to be crap or a fair cue or a brilliant one I dont care nor would Acuerate. They'd still market it as the cue that produces no throw and people would buy it for that alone. It's those suckers who I feel sorry for and would like to see Acurate either prove it or at least drop their claim from their adverts.

What it really needs is for a cuemaker to write to them saying if they do not prove their claim then the cuemaker will sue for xxx loss of sales. Its unfair / illegal trading plain and simple, the only questionable matter is the amount of the damages the judge would award.

edit...

"It's those suckers who I feel sorry for.." Yep that includes those herin i've called idiots too.

Comment

Working...
                                X