Mystery Cue! What will I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Cue! What will I get?

A little lighthearted distraction for us all from the usual hot topic :snooker:

I won this item on eBay and am going on a little road trip (with some work enroute) to collect tonight.

As you can see the pics are a little vague so plenty of scope for dreaming and believing. So what am I going to get?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...116030&alt=web
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Looks an interesting buy for the money you've paid. Its badged whatever it is and the case is worth that much. I'm guessing its not chinese with it having a push on extender. I wait with interest.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yes as maverick said the case is worth that alone so it's a no lose situation I think and looks hand spliced!! Good luck with it hope it's a cracker as the saying goes...he who dares Rodney!!

Gaz.

Comment

They seem to have taken close pictures of everything except the cue, its hard to tell but it does look hand spliced. Case and accessories must be worth £16 so its got to be a bargain!

Comment

Mystery Cue! What will I get?

Cheers chaps and my thoughts exactly. It does look like a one piece and it suggests there is no butt joint so this could be a mid 90s or earlier cue. Round white badge could be a couple of makers, personally I'd be chuffed with a Mac Chambers as he is pretty local to that area and I've never had one.

It was a long shot from the start as I bid and won the auction with an unanswered question about whether he was ok with me arranging a courier to collect as I'm nowhere near Northampton. I figured at worst I would apologise and pay him a tenner for his troubles if not.
          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

It took me a while to even notice there was a cue in the case!
            can't wait to hear what you get
            as been said, as long as it is solid, the case will be worth the trip alone
            replace the old egg-box type for the new plush inserts and you have yourself a cracking case
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hunt and o Byrne black label or John Parris Ultimate maybe

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                Cheers Byrom!
                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  Geez, that would be good. I don't want to sound negative but is that a crack in the shaft (in picture 3) starts between the splices?

I hope not. Good luck. A bit of fun anyway.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Forgive me for this comment and before anyone has a pop back ..........this is only a joke !!!

I reckon it is a JP.........as the splices look a little out to me
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Forgive me for this comment and before anyone has a pop back ..........this is only a joke !!!

Boom...JPU!

Comment

It's the way i tell'um
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Bargain....

Comment

I think it's a 3/4 cue with electrical tape covering the joint, but apart from that haven't got a clue.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

Same what i thought, lol
                              mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Working...
                              X