No announcement yet.

Eureka on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gazza did not you say that a cue is worth what someone is willing to pay?

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      Reply of the month and the quarter.......it may even be in with a shout for the annual award
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
        I was thinking the same! as £200,£300,£400 is the Norm for these at the Max!........ Wouldnt suprise me another item with abit of Shill Bidding going on althou if found Guilty it is a Serious Offence which a Big Fine or Prison? i normally get this when im trying to buy a item then see it back for sale within week or fortnight!

Gaz.
        Has anybody else here had a email or private message from the Seller of this Cue? as he just sent me a stinking email saying we didnt have a Clue what were talking about!......It did make me laugh fair play as i think anybody in right mind would know £700 for this or even £550 is Laughable and the Only one that hasnt a Clue is Obviously him if hes paid £700 for it.

Gaz.
        Gareth you seem to know everything yet knows nothing.. The seller had every right to email you as you have publicly on a forum used slander words against his listing and making the seller come across like some crook. I am sure you understand that this coming from a grown adult which I'm sure you are is a bit out of order.

At the moment you come across like a bit of a card not someone who supposedly know about Antique cues.

Comment

Yes thats Correct a Cue or Item is Worth what somebody is willing to Pay CORRECT! ...... Thats what "Somebody" is willing to Pay not what its Really Worth ok.

Gaz.

Last edited by gazza147; 28 October 2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I would bet my life i know alot more than you m8 thats a Fact! and if you wanna put a few quid on it that can be arranged ok.

No i didnt Slander words against his listing anymore than others who Opened the Thread and Commented on it! so before you try and Slag me off read other peoples posts also ok.

No what people dont like is Opinions and Facts! i wont change my Opinion for you or anybody else as i have bought and sold a few of these and Watched many and i can assure you and the Seller none of them have fetched near £700 or even £550! i have talked to the seller and wished him the best of luck as if somebody wants to Pay £700 or £10,000 thats his Good Luck!

If you wanna clap tell its a Forum with Opinions and Facts not the School Playground Triedandtested! dont tell me you were the Person who paid £700.....ha ha ha

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
            Gareth you seem to know everything yet knows nothing.. The seller had every right to email you as you have publicly on a forum used slander words against his listing and making the seller come across like some crook. I am sure you understand that this coming from a grown adult which I'm sure you are is a bit out of order.

At the moment you come across like a bit of a card not someone who supposedly know about Antique cues.

Comment

Yes thats Correct a Cue or Item is Worth what somebody is willing to Pay CORRECT! ...... Thats what "Somebody" is willing to Pay not what its Really Worth ok.

Gaz.
              so who decides what its worth? you! ok

Comment

Eureka on eBay

Here we go again.. Lol

Comment

No Not at All!.......... eBay Highest Bidder will confirm this and as i already said i wished guy all best with it and if it fetches £10,000 will make no difference to me.

All i was trying to say was the Norm for these is around £200-£300-£400 not £700 thats all!..... Bloody hell

Gaz.

so who decides what its worth? you! ok

Comment

fair enough point taken, but there was a little more vitriol in it than that

Comment

No Not at All!.......... eBay Highest Bidder will confirm this and as i already said i wished guy all best with it and if it fetches £10,000 will make no difference to me.

All i was trying to say was the Norm for these is around £200-£300-£400 not £700 thats all!..... Bloody hell

Gaz.
                      Gaz -A maple Eureka worth £200 - you're making yourself look a fool.
                      I don't agree with the asking price myself, to me it's not worth it, but seriously you're not helping yourself.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think that pricing is about right depending on condition, granted at £200 your talking seriously battered with a worn badge? But at £550 given it's mint condition, and bearing in mind how much Ebay are going to take, it works out about £450 cash on collection. This constant bickering and back stabbing about people's sales is bcoming damaging to the forum. If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it! If you spot a fake or have genuine concerns about a fraudulent listing please share by all means, but as for price, were all big boys and capable of deciding how we fritter our hard earned cash away, it's a matter for the buyer and seller only!
                        Last edited by culraven; 29 October 2014, 09:07 AM.
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                          I think that pricing is about right depending on condition, granted at £200 your talking seriously battered with a worn badge? But at £550 given it's mint condition, and bearing in mind how much Ebay are going to take, it works out about £450 cash on collection. This constant bickering and back stabbing about people's sales is bcoming damaging to the forum. If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it! If you spot a fake or have genuine concerns about a fraudulent listing please share by all means, but as for price, were all big boys and capable of deciding how we fritter our hard earned cash away, it's a matter for the buyer and seller only!
                          Excellent post sir. The forum is, of course open to opinions, but putting derogatory comments ( even with the best of intentions ) about an asking price, is poor form.

There isn't a hard and fast live listing showing how much an item should cost, so why give an opinion based cost, in a moving market ?

As you say, we're all big enough, and I'm certainly ugly enough, to make our own offers, regards price.

Comment

I didnt mean dead on £200!!! ...... I meant between £200-£400 I sold one approx 6-7yrs ago and fetched £278 minus the Fees and Paypal Fees and wasnt much more than £200 in my hand by the time i Paid Postage/Packaging etc.

Yes they may have gone up abit in last 6-7yrs but £700 or even £550 in ( My Opinion - Which is Only My Opinion Mind ok is very Over the Top!! ) If you could get £400-£450 Cash in Hand for these not the "ONE" in Question is a Great price i think! as if a Cue fetches £500 on eBay minus 10% ending Fees, Starting Fees, Paypal Fees and Postage its down near £400-£420 and then it doesnt mean seller is going to Pay as i and many others have found out a few times no doubt Plenty of Time Waisters!!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            Gaz -A maple Eureka worth £200 - you're making yourself look a fool.
                            I don't agree with the asking price myself, to me it's not worth it, but seriously you're not helping yourself.

Comment

For reference....

http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator

Have a play and see the actual figures
                              On Cue Facebook Page
                              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                                For reference....

http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator

Have a play and see the actual figures

my God, that was an eye opener!

I hardly sell these on ebay, but 10% fees is ludicrous. When I started on ebay (about 11 years ao) it was about 3-4%.

No wonder people close early!
                                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                                X