This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Pulp and Paper: Quite! If you're recycled paper lasts 300 years, come talk to me about the beams in my house that are older than your country. You don't supply timber to bespoke furniture makers, you supply to timber frame house builders who are happy to bang summat up in 8wks. Bespoke furniture makers and craftsmen prefer air-dried and that's a fact. Saffa chippies may prefer your dross for their 'projects' but it wouldn't cut the mustard with English Heritage son, not a bit of it.
    you have the right to express your opinion!! It would be nice if you do that in the context of respect!! is true ,what you're saying here is non of my bussines!! just asking this as a fellow Member.
    to get upset only makes it worse.
    try to stay calm and explain your motivation!! that makes it easier for everyone to understand what your intentions are. !! please !!

Comment

• mb, as well as being an ex cue maker I am also a cabinet maker business owner, I have dealt with and ordered thousands and thousands of pounds worth of timber and have made it my business to extensively research the properties of different grades of woods and the means of their preparation .I try to refrain from biting at your posts as I find them amusing but you need to realise that there are people on this forum that can see some of your statements are simply made up nonsense, you need to contain your advise to topics you might know a little about, and sadly timber and its usage isn't one of them. ps its spelt veneers not vaneers

Comment

• always good to see some action no matter whos so called thread it is.. i know i dont make the best cue, but id just like to remind the yard what happens to a cue that dont do what i expect it to

Comment

• do you make the shafts yourself or are you just re splicing ready made ones?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            always good to see some action no matter whos so called thread it is.. i know i dont make the best cue, but id just like to remind the yard what happens to a cue that dont do what i expect it to
            What happened then ???

Comment

• im cutting my own
              Originally Posted by sealer View Post
              do you make the shafts yourself or are you just re splicing ready made ones?

Comment

• i use a longer thinner weight an i believe it interfered with the cues resonance
                Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                What happened then ???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  What happened then ???
                  Looks like he "twated one" it to me
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

• Is that cue with the Blood wood splice made with the " brown ash " shaft ?

Comment

• yes, an the wenge, blood wood and brown ash is a nice player
                      Originally Posted by old school View Post
                      Is that cue with the Blood wood splice made with the " brown ash " shaft ?

Comment

What happened then ???
                        There are many cue makers who never test their cues so it is great to see someone doing QT. Customers at Parris can test their cues on a table when they pick them up and JP will do what he can, to an extent but what you've done here is above and beyond and is a good thing to see. I know you are a good player so if the cue ain't right for you, it probably ain't right for anyone. Respect.

Comment

... so if the cue ain't right for you, it probably ain't right for anyone. Respect.
                          Biggest load of crap ever written

Comment

Biggest load of crap ever written
                            It's 100% fact, he tests the cues and if they don't play right, they don't make the post. And for that, he deserves some respect.

Comment

It's 100% fact, he tests the cues and if they don't play right, they don't make the post. And for that, he deserves some respect.
                              Every single cue plays different to each person, thought you would know that seeing as you are a "doyen" and all, pmsl

Comment

Every single cue plays different to each person, thought you would know that seeing as you are a "doyen" and all, pmsl
                                haha, you order cues delivered in the post no-one has ever tested! Who's smarter, someone buying a cue off a really good player like J6 who has tested it playing shots you can only watch on videos or someone buying it off Mrs Miggins' online cue shop?

If J6 says it's a good player, that's a word worth trusting and a word that is of good advice. If he's tearing up cues because they ain't the mustard, that's proof of the man's honour and rep for me. Would you say not JRC?

Comment

Working...
                                X