Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice. Wenge was always one of my favourite butt woods, before my snakewood obsession started.

Looks just like my old Jason Owen cue. First cue I had custom made to my specs / woods.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

Not a question i've thought of before but do you think it makes any difference to the reaction of the cue to the striking of the cue ball...........

I expect the answer to be no but I wonder if it truly makes a firmer hit or no difference at all?
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Not a question i've thought of before but do you think it makes any difference to the reaction of the cue to the striking of the cue ball...........

I expect the answer to be no but I wonder if it truly makes a firmer hit or no difference at all?
        well in regards to the wenge wood, there could be something in it if you go by grain pattern. like i use straight grain and billabongs jo cue has the waves of the arrows, could be something there.
        but wenge is roughly the same weight as ash, and with regards to the cue iv just put together i wanted to keep the weight forwards at 18bp and light at around 17oz, though the shaft is mid-heavy i think the cue will play better this way.

Comment

well in regards to the wenge wood, there could be something in it if you go by grain pattern. like i use straight grain and billabongs jo cue has the waves of the arrows, could be something there.
          but wenge is roughly the same weight as ash, and with regards to the cue iv just put together i wanted to keep the weight forwards at 18bp and light at around 17oz, though the shaft is mid-heavy i think the cue will play better this way.
          Sorry mate. I've just re-read my question and I certainly didn't write what I was thinking.

I was referring tp the chevrons going the opposite way to normal just above the butt fingers.

I wondered if the way the arrows point dictates the flow of the wood? Does it make a difference to how the cue plays (stiff or not) with the direction of the arrows so you could change them to alter how you want the cue to play.

Now I'm sure it makes no difference but interested in the answer.

Comment

• if i would of cut the shaft above when it was conceived 40 odd years ago, i would of cut it the other way around. but still the grain is broad and straight regardless. as far as the play/stiffness/vibe of the cue, i dont think you can change the innate characteristics of the wood no matter how you cut it

Comment

if i would of cut the shaft above when it was conceived 40 odd years ago, i would of cut it the other way around. but still the grain is broad and straight regardless. as far as the play/stiffness/vibe of the cue, i dont think you can change the innate characteristics of the wood no matter how you cut it
              It was just a thought. I guess I don't generally worry too much about the arrows myself, just crossed my mind about the flow of the grain and feel.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                It was just a thought. I guess I don't generally worry too much about the arrows myself, just crossed my mind about the flow of the grain and feel.
                for me its about the hit, vibe, consistency, and the finish

Comment

for me its about the hit, vibe, consistency, and the finish
                  I think you're on the money mate.....

Comment

• two quality vintage cues that will be making it onto the baize for a cue review by next weekend

Last edited by j6uk; 14 September 2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Real nice looking maple, that plain ebony one on nice clean maple will look stunning.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• something a little different for one of the lads. purple heart, zebrano, cased with wenge outline

Comment

• Very different, like it alot

Comment

• Marmite cue. For me, that looks like a left over bits of wood jobby. Awful. But Homey likes it. LOL

Comment

• J in post 1074 what's the brown wood on the machine spliced cue, looks nice.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Looks very nice to me, a little bit different but bland cues are for bland people
                                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X