This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not many cue makers can make 3/4 cues when they 1st start out with no lathe

......................Though it has been known !!!!
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Looking good , my friend , also close to spec.

Comment

• No sealer, no filler hiding mistakes, a natural finish from a craftsman doing it right. All I would say is that maybe it can be planed in stages and left to stabilise between plane cuts but it takes time to build up a stock of part planed shafts. Just me being pedantic. These cues are gonna feel great, no joints, no butt plugs, no brass crap where it shouldn't be. A purist's cue by definition. Honest all day long.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          No sealer, no filler hiding mistakes, a natural finish from a craftsman doing it right. All I would say is that maybe it can be planed in stages and left to stabilise between plane cuts but it takes time to build up a stock of part planed shafts. Just me being pedantic. These cues are gonna feel great, no joints, no butt plugs, no brass crap where it shouldn't be. A purist's cue by definition. Honest all day long.
          you never give up do you! so much knowledge you even know how they are going to hit from pics amazing

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            you never give up do you! so much knowledge you even know how they are going to hit from pics amazing
            Was going to say the same it could play like shi*te, for me I don't give a flying cow how a cue is made tbh I have no interest in the production whatsoever as long it plays well.

Comment

I never said how good the hit would be. I said it will feel great and that's down to a lack of brass in joints and butt plugs. The hit could still be rubbish but there will always be more feel if there is no hammer effect from too much metal.

Comment

• bit more tinkering before the kids get back
                glued, and will be cut tomorrow

then some more fine plane work on the gig, with a pic of a plane an some wood curlies for the lovers, laters an sisters

Last edited by j6uk; 11 June 2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Draper with shavings; you sure you're not at JP's place? lol

Comment

• Stop putting your plane blade down,i got cuffed round the ear for that

Comment

Stop putting your plane blade down,i got cuffed round the ear for that
                      Me too! My dad always told me to lay it on its side!
                      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Stop putting your plane blade down,i got cuffed round the ear for that
                        health and safety. should put the guard on, lol. has anyone ever made a cue with an electric bosch etc? bet it would be bumpy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                          health and safety. should put the case on, lol. has anyone ever made a cue with an electric bosch etc? lol bet it would be bumpy.
                          like that ? Love these clips, no phaffing around here. . .

warning, keep your finger on the volume control

Last edited by billabong; 11 June 2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                            like that ? Love these clips, no phaffing around here. . .

warning, keep your finger on the volume control

yeah, looks like my bosch, sounds the same too. bloody noisy, worse than a chain saw , db is mega for such a wee thing. F*** me, if he misses and catches his left hand it would shear a piece off, these things are flipping lethal. maybe I should make some air-dried shafts. lol
                            Using a lathe is suddenly starting to make a LOT of sense compared to a bosch. I take it all back golf. lol

this guy is pretty hot using that thing to make a shaft. even his jig ain't fixed down! hats off.

Who is this guy Bill? I kinda like him.
                            Last edited by Master Blaster; 11 June 2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• It's Mike Wooldridge !

Comment

• one of the first i went to for help when i joined, and a wicked fellow

Comment

Working...
                                X