This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6 cue stories

just seen it ,is that tulip wood on the deck?

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      just seen it ,is that tulip wood on the deck?
      no bubinga, and leaning against the wall on the floor to the left is 3mm puduk

Comment

• 12mm pool cue coming through next

Comment

• You going to do snooker cues in maple J? That looks one hell of a nice clean bit of maple.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            You going to do snooker cues in maple J? That looks one hell of a nice clean bit of maple.
            yes i'll have a handful coming out over the summer.. ive got a few cues in the air and one i'm working on is a maple & ebony 58/9.2/29.5

Comment

• workshop

shaft work

https://youtu.be/g4wN4d_MIqM

Comment

• loved that, really nice to see,
                a moment of zen for the day seeing that plaining

Comment

• Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                  loved that, really nice to see,
                  a moment of zen for the day seeing that plaining
                  yes matt its rewarding in that way.
                  i'll be videoing this cue down to its finish and play

Comment

• few more pics

Comment

• That cue is going to be stunning .

What length is it going to be J ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                        That cue is going to be stunning .

What length is it going to be J ?
                        26.5/12/30/16oz/20bp with no weight added at the moment. maple & purple hart with maple and blood wood outer veneers, stiffish

Comment

• Hi
                          Heres abit of background on the above cue, last year Jason made me a gorgeous mature ash shafted english pool cue, the best english pool cue i have ever used and pretty great on a snooker table tbh! but with its 8mm tip i hate breaking with it so iv been using a modified old rack cue which is fine but not ideal so i settled on the rough spec using the rack cue and contacted Jason and he agreed to make it for me, i told him the tip size, what tip i wanted, length etc and then left the actual design of the butt etc down to him. The cue above is the result and i could not be happier. I would honestly say Jason makes cues that not only look great but more importantly play as well if not better than the MW Legend, JP and maximus cues i have used in the past. I cannot wait to give this one a go it will make up a great pair for my pool matches.

Thanks Jason

Comment

• Originally Posted by brookst View Post
                            Hi
                            Heres abit of background on the above cue, last year Jason made me a gorgeous mature ash shafted english pool cue, the best english pool cue i have ever used and pretty great on a snooker table tbh! but with its 8mm tip i hate breaking with it so iv been using a modified old rack cue which is fine but not ideal so i settled on the rough spec using the rack cue and contacted Jason and he agreed to make it for me, i told him the tip size, what tip i wanted, length etc and then left the actual design of the butt etc down to him. The cue above is the result and i could not be happier. I would honestly say Jason makes cues that not only look great but more importantly play as well if not better than the MW Legend, JP and maximus cues i have used in the past. I cannot wait to give this one a go it will make up a great pair for my pool matches.

Thanks Jason
                            no pressure there then,
                            your welcome brookst, cue will be ready to go monday

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              few pics of some of the ones on the hob

this one above is stiff with a bit more movement nearer the tip, a 10mm deep ferrule and again a good resonance.
                              though there not spliced yet i'll be taking them out for a run tomorrow and check the feedback
                              this cue for the second page on this thread has finally been given some legs

Comment

• What sort of specs are you aiming at , when its finished ? Tidy shaft , nice and settled over the last 15 months or so . Your work has come a long way in such a short time , my team mate still playing with one of your first and still loving it .

Comment

Working...
                                X