Clear All

the latest carving im working on finishing within the next few days
    bubinga and ash
    58"
    not sure about the ferrule size yet
    28mm
    16.1/2 bp
    18oz

Last edited by j6uk; 20 January 2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      cue review
      thanks to angelas uploads heres a look at the workings of my first cue, this is the butterfly cue from page seven on this thread

A lot of response in that cue !! especially on the club table, is remarkable.!!! when I see someone plays, I always listen to the sound of the cue at the time of striking. in this case, is perfect!! IMO.... great job !!

Comment

all finish, just need to give it a workout now
        58"
        9.4mm
        28.25mm
        17.7oz
        16.1/4bp
        4"flat

Comment

Looks great.. Soon you will have a shed kitted out with bandsaw, lathes and whatnot

Comment

I now own the butterfly spliced cue in this video . I was going to post a review earlier , but decided to give the cue " table time " before doing so . I have now had around 9 hours with the cue 6 at pool and 3 at snooker . This cue is nearly perfect , which considering that this is j6 s first cue , is nothing short of remarkable. I bought this cue on spec , before I saw the video , not expecting much as by his own admission , this is his first hand made cue . The taper is good , the cue is straight , the balance is good and the splice work is accurate it is , in short , one of those cues that you pick up and immediately you feel comfortable with it , its a playing cue and make no mistake about that. I can see that if j6 continues to make cues of this calibre , that is if he wants to continue making cues , then he should be a busy man . Some of my team mates have also used this cue and all say the same thing " nice cue " , nuff said . Thank you for giving me the chance to own and play with this cue , much obliged.

Comment

A very nice piece of ash!

:snooker:
              mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                my timing was out in that vid and the cue still performed
                J6, can you explain the concept of timing to me. Been studying your video and all I can say I agree with itsnoteasy about your cue action. Very nice indeed. Reason I'm asking it's something I always struggled with and you got a way of explaining things that even goes through my thick skull. Hope you don't mind

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                  J6, can you explain the concept of timing to me. Been studying your video and all I can say I agree with itsnoteasy about your cue action. Very nice indeed. Reason I'm asking it's something I always struggled with and you got a way of explaining things that even goes through my thick skull. Hope you don't mind
                  its the fastest point on the follow through where i expect to make contact with the white, don't play much so i can feel it instantly. there were only three shots that i timed the ball well

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                    Looks great.. Soon you will have a shed kitted out with bandsaw, lathes and whatnot
                    iv access to someone with a lathe and wood machines jono so im simply focusing on a way of working, learning the art of the hand plane on my jig and studying the nature of the woods

Comment

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
                      I now own the butterfly spliced cue in this video . I was going to post a review earlier , but decided to give the cue " table time " before doing so . I have now had around 9 hours with the cue 6 at pool and 3 at snooker . This cue is nearly perfect , which considering that this is j6 s first cue , is nothing short of remarkable. I bought this cue on spec , before I saw the video , not expecting much as by his own admission , this is his first hand made cue . The taper is good , the cue is straight , the balance is good and the splice work is accurate it is , in short , one of those cues that you pick up and immediately you feel comfortable with it , its a playing cue and make no mistake about that. I can see that if j6 continues to make cues of this calibre , that is if he wants to continue making cues , then he should be a busy man . Some of my team mates have also used this cue and all say the same thing " nice cue " , nuff said . Thank you for giving me the chance to own and play with this cue , much obliged.
                      im so happy that your enjoying your new cue old school
                      thank you for such a kind and considerate post
                      head down, stay still and play well

Comment

• this cue is a poker with some give at the top end
                        specs are now:
                        16bp
                        17oz

Comment

• Nice
                          But why the hat ? is it cold in there ?
                          And is that the same piece of chalk that you first started playing with

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Nice
                            But why the hat ? is it cold in there ?
                            And is that the same piece of chalk that you first started playing with
                            yeah same chalk. 6" snow outside and a bit chilly, but i only do a couple of frames nowa days, oh and im a spam head

Comment

• Hmm no snow here in the North

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Hmm no snow here in the North
                                thats cus your lovely warm harts have melted it all sugar

Comment

Working...
                                X