Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it was in the ash rack and it looked like ash from what i could see, the rest is yellowish with pink and white. its very straight, close, dry, has an odor to it. yeah it does look good i must say
    i dont see it moving much so i think i'll start working it if its the same this time next month

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
      Have to say I do like the look of that. It's difficult to tell from your picture but have you already started to taper it or have you just planed round atm?
      just ruff cut around it, and i'll sit on it for a few weeks then have another look

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        just ruff cut around it, and i'll sit on it for a few weeks then have another look
        Watch out for splinters ;-)

Comment

I can send the mother in law as she has years of experience of sitting astride broomsticks
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
            I can send the mother in law as she has years of experience of sitting astride broomsticks
            i think i'll wait till the end till i put a finish on it
            Last edited by j6uk; 3 January 2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

j6 cue stories

Nah leave it rough
              On Cue Facebook Page
              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                Nah leave it rough
                i hear you, but a think this is gonna be a nice one ruff or smooth. im looking forwards to popping a ferrule on it
                Last edited by j6uk; 3 January 2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Impressive work J6, clean job and good work on the butt as well. Just aquestion re tip size please, any reason why you're not so keen on 9.5 mm ? and what advantage do you feel you've gained going down to 9mm. Good luck with the cues by the way

Comment

Must be murder having to wait so long before working on it again ......the temptation must be great !
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
                      Impressive work J6, clean job and good work on the butt as well. Just aquestion re tip size please, any reason why you're not so keen on 9.5 mm ? and what advantage do you feel you've gained going down to 9mm. Good luck with the cues by the way
                      appreciated johno.. i have no real preference as such but i do like the looks and feel of say the 9.25mm and the 10mm. 10 feels straighter in the taper and kinda fills my v on the bridge, then the flip side would be the accuracy in playing and the taper coming down to a finer point while using maybe a more sharper v on the bridge hand with a ferrule just over 9mm.
                      having said all that its also the cues that i come across that don't feel like they have a great taper. those two cues im doing on page two are 9.4 and 9.5 and they felt fine.
                      i'll be posting some more cue pics and taper dims within the next few days so

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Must be murder having to wait so long before working on it again ......the temptation must be great !
                        not really neil theres other cues that need me. plus iv just moved into my workshop so theres plenty to do there. then theres throwing the kids around, scratching my girl back, slapping these keys and cooking

Comment

What are you going to do with the cues once you have made them J ?

Will one be your playing cue ?

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            What are you going to do with the cues once you have made them J ?

Will one be your playing cue ?
                            i feel my playing days are behind me but if iv carved out something i like im sure i'll hold on to it for a bit. the rest, i'll be happy to leave a dozen quality cues in circulation as something tangible that iv given back to this cruel game before im gone

Comment

i feel my playing days are behind me but if iv carved out something i like im sure i'll hold on to it for a bit. the rest, i'll be happy to leave a dozen quality cues in circulation as something tangible that iv given back to this cruel game before im gone
                              I've got tears in my eyes you soft sod

Comment

Not playing for fun J or has the game done your head in totally ?

Would be interested in seeing the end product first hand .

Have you set the Workshop up in your house ?

Comment

Working...
                                X