This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
    What sort of specs are you aiming at , when its finished ? Tidy shaft , nice and settled over the last 15 months or so . Your work has come a long way in such a short time , my team mate still playing with one of your first and still loving it .
    as you can see im still chipping away oldschool.. this cue should be coming in at around 16.5/17oz with a 17ish bp, 58/9/29.

Comment

• taken my playing cue down by a ferrule at 10mm, and have extended it yet again by one inch to 149cm. it had a very straight butt taper and was 27.25mm and now trying to get it to 28/28.5mm. splicing by hand and cutting them down two at a time

Comment

• starting to come through, and it looks like the butts gonna come up around 28.25mm

Comment

• Looking good. Out of curiosity how much do you need to spend on a plane that's up to the job, any recommendations?
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• the two hand planes that i use mainly cost in money between 15-25 pounds, but the real cost was learning how to prepare, sharpen and use it to its potential. still learning, and its a pleasure

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              the two hand planes that i use mainly cost in money between 15-25 pounds, but the real cost was learning how to prepare, sharpen and use it to its potential. still learning, and its a pleasure
              Thanks for that, I've hacked at a couple of pub cues and I've been kidding myself it's the plane and not the user! What number planes do you use?

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                What number planes do you use?
                a 7,5,4 and a block plane

Comment

• cue done

Last edited by j6uk; 5 May 2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    workshop

shaft work

https://youtu.be/g4wN4d_MIqM

this is what iv done with the shaft above.
                    wenge, ash, ebony fs with x4veneers of blood/wenge/olive wood. 58.25/10/28.7 weight and bp will be after its first table-test

Comment

• Lovin your style jason.

I think your gonna go far as a cue maker mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                        Lovin your style jason.

I think your gonna go far as a cue maker mate
                        thats a kind post catch,
                        its all about the wood..

Comment

• If you get short of cues to fiddle with I'm sure I could do you a deal on a few old cues you might like to tinker with in return for a decent playing cue, really need to start thinning out my collection!

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                            If you get short of cues to fiddle with I'm sure I could do you a deal on a few old cues you might like to tinker with in return for a decent playing cue, really need to start thinning out my collection!
                            thats a kind offer,
                            what did you have in mind, could you put some pics up? always like having a few tinker side projects on the go

Comment

• I'll dig some out this afternoon with straight clean shafts, mainly rosewood but got a hand spliced ebony which you might be able to salvage the ebony off.

Comment

• workshop review

cutting down the butt on the latest cue, bubinga & ash with maple and black oak outer veneers

https://youtu.be/6XI1p_i1s9s

Comment

Working...
                                X