This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    I arranged to meet my girlfriend ( now wife ) at the Labour club which was hosting an engagement party we were invited to.

I turned up with my cue , bought her and her pal a drink, then went for a few frames. . She seemed ok about it, as the two of them were still

gabbing when I went in to the hall later.

Also have formed many an escape committee at weddings, with brave men being sent out to find a pool or snooker table. :snooker:
    Jeez Bong, you have a serious problem lol.
    I reckon I would end up doing an impression of a lollipop if I turned up with my cue to an engagement party, hats off to you fella.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Jeez Bong, you have a serious problem lol.
      I reckon I would end up doing an impression of a lollipop if I turned up with my cue to an engagement party, hats off to you fella.
      I know, although the "play at every opportunity" buzz has diluted over the years.

She's still married to me after 25 years though, so I must be doing something right

Comment

• I also remember about 10 years ago, My wife and I got corporate membership to a Gym in one of the local hotels.

After 3 weeks of Wednesday night keep fit, with my mate getting signed in by me, we found there was a wee room with a snooker table.

What started off as a frame, after the Gym, slowly became a shortened Gym session and a best of 3 frames, until finally,

the Gym bag didn't get lifted from the boot of the car !! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          I know, although the "play at every opportunity" buzz has diluted over the years.

She's still married to me after 25 years though, so I must be doing something right
          31 years for me, To be fair it only feels like 40.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            31 years for me, To be fair it only feels like 40.
            30 years for me........moral of the story is many frames makes for a long marriage................just can't remember her name.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              as the oldman would say what you put in is what you get out..
              That was like a knife to my heart (yes I have got one)..........I think yer dad's right and I'll start tinkering a bit more as the snooker season ended abruptly last Friday when we crashed out of the final cup, didn;t even get a game as we lost 3-0 (muppets!)......
              I'll get myself organised and start looking for ash again, gave up last time as just couldn't get anything straight grained and spent a lot of time looking.......I'll buy a chopper and find some trees.

Comment

• workshop cue review

https://youtu.be/cY-Q1xpLOOQ

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                heres the work i stared last night on matts master craft cue.. hard work tyding up after someone, easier to make a cue properly from scatch.

Comment

• Nice review J.

Like your jig as well and the fact that it's tapered.

Good selection of planes as well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    Nice review J.

Like your jig as well and the fact that it's tapered.

Good selection of planes as well.
                    what you see is what you get, thats all you need.. its all about the wood, get good wood

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      what you see is what you get, thats all you need.. its all about the wood, get good wood
                      Yeah, got that loud and clear from a few sources and spent loads of time looking (days!) and can't source it here at present. Spent lots of time sorting through poor low stocks in large merchants. One massive yard just laughed and even shouted it out loud to the others who joined in, I thought I'd asked for diamonds!!

Comment

• Great & very honest review J.

thanks for that, and all the work you did cleaning up after them....

Do not know what happened, they get very good reviews on the forum.
                        So I thought it was a safe bet ordering from them.

time to send them a "friendly' mail.....

thanks again, can't wait to see how it turned out

cheers
                        matt

Comment

• Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                          Great & very honest review J.

thanks for that, and all the work you did cleaning up after them....

Do not know what happened, they get very good reviews on the forum.
                          So I thought it was a safe bet ordering from them.

time to send them a "friendly' mail.....

thanks again, can't wait to see how it turned out

cheers
                          matt
                          yeah hope i wasn't too honest, but i didn't need to say too much really, the pictures i put up after some light planing spoke for themselves..

Comment

• this ones taking shape, at the moment its 58.5/9.25/29.5/17oz with no weight added/18.5bp. shouldbe ready for the table early next week

Comment

• Nice review, really enjoyed watching it. Please do more video reviews if you have time. Great thread and a great cue maker.

Comment

• About time with the ebony jason, looking good

Comment

Working...
                                X