This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    yeah about 5yrs ago, he was quite frail at the time but worth giving him a call. it wasn't a booked workshop session when i went down but because i had a few cues i was tinkering when and we new some ofthe same people he ended up showing me his moves
    Ok. I emailed him a couple of years ago and he was gonna show me some bits as he lives just up the road but then he got slated on here a never responded after that. Apparently stopped showing people as he got too much stick (allegedly). Shame as no one else really willing down here as MW told me he had a bad experience and Jason Owen sworn to secrecy (both understandable responses but shame nevertheless).
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• i think if you phoned and spoke to all of the cue makers, they would wined up telling you the same thing in that you just gotta throw yourself into it and find your own way. because in many ways its about the tools, how to use them, and what you do and don't need. the only way your gonna get good with the tools is when your using them
      following andy hunters videos is a workshop in itself, then theres mw preparing a shaft. its all there on youtube

Comment

i think if you phoned and spoke to all of the cue makers, they would wined up telling you the same thing in that you just gotta throw yourself into it and find your own way. because in many ways its about the tools, how to use them, and what you do and don't need. the only way your gonna get good with the tools is when your using them
        following andy hunters videos is a workshop in itself, then theres mw preparing a shaft. its all there on youtube
        Yeah I certainly don't disagree, just nice when you see it in the flesh. Have nothing but respect for all cue makers, new and old.

Andy has been good enough to call me a few times and is a truly great guy who I thoroughly enjoyed talking to about snooker and other things.

I certainly will throw myself into it when I get a few things clear (doing a house up and a new job) but just learning bits at the moment whilst doing cues up.

I just find the topic interesting as you know so you get a thirst for watching and talking about the subject.

Have watched all Andy and Mike's videos, very good. Thing is, every answer you see on a video raises another question which is the beauty.

Do you drill weights in under the splices as in Andy's video, risk drill a hole up the shaft but not in the centre so uneven weight or buy a lathe and get it spot on, that's why it's always nice to know.

Great hobby though!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Yeah I certainly don't disagree, just nice when you see it in the flesh. Have nothing but respect for all cue makers, new and old.

Andy has been good enough to call me a few times and is a truly great guy who I thoroughly enjoyed talking to about snooker and other things.

I certainly will throw myself into it when I get a few things clear (doing a house up and a new job) but just learning bits at the moment whilst doing cues up.

I just find the topic interesting as you know so you get a thirst for watching and talking about the subject.

Have watched all Andy and Mike's videos, very good. Thing is, every answer you see on a video raises another question which is the beauty.

Do you drill weights in under the splices as in Andy's video, risk drill a hole up the shaft but not in the centre so uneven weight or buy a lathe and get it spot on, that's why it's always nice to know.

Great hobby though!
          as the oldman would say what you put in is what you get out..
          good luck on the new job shock.
          ive done both with weighting, and as long as you trust your abillity and know your tools id favor cutting the weight in over the lathe, i think it gives more control when testing and splicing

Comment

as the oldman would say what you put in is what you get out..
            good luck on the new job shock.
            ive done both with weighting, and as long as you trust your abillity and know your tools id favor cutting the weight in over the lathe, i think it gives more control when testing and splicing
            There's some good points there J, did you mean cutting the weight in like Andy Hunter does or actually doing it with a lathe, wasn't sure how that read?

Comment

There's some good points there J, did you mean cutting the weight in like Andy Hunter does or actually doing it with a lathe, wasn't sure how that read?
              reads both ways lol, dont like putting weights in under the splices, modern drills and lathes mean you can get the weights pretty high up

Comment

• I do confuse easily, it's cause I'm watching the football whilst building a website and my wife telling me we need to buy an oak table and look at these 300 examples I've found........

Comment

I do confuse easily, it's cause I'm watching the football whilst building a website and my wife telling me we need to buy an oak table and look at these 300 examples I've found........
                  just keep nodding and say yes dear lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    just keep nodding and say yes dear lol
                    That's got me into a lot of trouble over the last 30 years, that and playing snooker on anniversary's!

It's alright love, I'll play first and then we can go for a meal......

Comment

That's got me into a lot of trouble over the last 30 years, that and playing snooker on anniversary's!

Without trying to go too much off track. A few years ago my wife was going to a works meeting and wanted to wear something classy and not revealing too much up top (I don't mean intelligence).

I was probably on the snooker forum or something similar and she was trying outfits on and asked if the latest one was too revealing.

Apparently my answer was,"No, they look really nice."

Without realising what I said she and my daughter burst out laughing and agreed the outfit was unsuitable..........and so was trying to get any sensible conversation out of me!

Comment

• Were all older cues weighted the Andy Hunter way, as a lot of the one pieces have square ends but I take it if the weight is drilled in from the bottom you would get a round end.
                        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 10 April 2016, 06:02 PM.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• matts cue's all done and ready to go

Last edited by j6uk; 10 April 2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Stunning Jason he will be pleased with that
                            Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

I booked a romantic table for two once on my anniversary - wife was not impressed it was at Rileys though

Nice job on that cue

Comment

• I arranged to meet my girlfriend ( now wife ) at the Labour club which was hosting an engagement party we were invited to.

I turned up with my cue , bought her and her pal a drink, then went for a few frames. . She seemed ok about it, as the two of them were still

gabbing when I went in to the hall later.

Also have formed many an escape committee at weddings, with brave men being sent out to find a pool or snooker table. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X