This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    cheers geordie, glad your feeling this cue more and your getting a few good results.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Have you had a hit with this cue J? Interested to see how it plays with it being pretty blank.

Its this cue before i respliced it. https://youtu.be/tUvaSfOFZT8ttl

Comment

• I really like the way you work Jason, the fact that you test each shaft, before going further into the more time consuming finishing stage, fills me with confidence. A player of your ability will have a better idea of how well the shaft plays than most, I understand the balance and feel is personal but a good hitting shaft is surely the only starting point for a decent cue.

In fact I'm so impressed that, once I feel I will commit to playing on a very regular basis, I'm going to place an order with you, keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Despearce View Post
        I really like the way you work Jason, the fact that you test each shaft, before going further into the more time consuming finishing stage, fills me with confidence. A player of your ability will have a better idea of how well the shaft plays than most, I understand the balance and feel is personal but a good hitting shaft is surely the only starting point for a decent cue.

In fact I'm so impressed that, once I feel I will commit to playing on a very regular basis, I'm going to place an order with you, keep up the good work!
        thanks des appreciate the post, and when your ready get back and i can put something together for you..

until then this will be the next cue to hit the table

Comment

thanks des appreciate the post, and when your ready get back and i can put something together for you..

Can't recommend j6uk more to anyone making a good trusty playing cue at a very affordable price for keepers. He sure knows his snooker, which in turn helps tremendously in making a cue to your choice and liking based on what kind of playing cue and specs you want. He is definitely the man to go for that personal touch and constant customer service to ensure he gets what you want.

Is this the cue that I should be looking at Jason? Cheers

Comment

I will Jason and after working my way through the thread over the last week or so I think all the endorsements and praise you get are well deserved. I build hifi speakers for people but my woodworking skills are limited to 25mm ply, a circular saw and a router with a couple of home made jigs. I know how hard wood can be to work with so respect the workmanship that goes into a cue. I might, in a year or two, buy a hand plane and some less than perfect wood and have a go myself at getting a cue shape out of a plank, firstly to see if I have a remote chance of achieving it and secondly to see if I want to build my own at some point. The pleasure and pride wrought from building and using something you made by hand is massive, my current speakers have been in my system three times longer than any commercially made ones I've owned in the past.

Comment

• Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
              Can't recommend j6uk more to anyone making a good trusty playing cue at a very affordable price for keepers. He sure knows his snooker, which in turn helps tremendously in making a cue to your choice and liking based on what kind of playing cue and specs you want. He is definitely the man to go for that personal touch and constant customer service to ensure he gets what you want.

Is this the cue that I should be looking at Jason? Cheers
              thanks for that m8.. no no that cue is being weighted. be looking end of next week till thats on the table

Originally Posted by Despearce View Post
              I will Jason and after working my way through the thread over the last week or so I think all the endorsements and praise you get are well deserved. I build hifi speakers for people but my woodworking skills are limited to 25mm ply, a circular saw and a router with a couple of home made jigs. I know how hard wood can be to work with so respect the workmanship that goes into a cue. I might, in a year or two, buy a hand plane and some less than perfect wood and have a go myself at getting a cue shape out of a plank, firstly to see if I have a remote chance of achieving it and secondly to see if I want to build my own at some point. The pleasure and pride wrought from building and using something you made by hand is massive, my current speakers have been in my system three times longer than any commercially made ones I've owned in the past.
              yeah as you well know when you have a passion for something youll go to any lengths.. be interesting to see what your up to at some point des.

Comment

• cue renew review

17bp
                16.8oz

https://youtu.be/RVE9K8UiDKM

Comment

• Nice!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                    Nice!!!!!!!!
                    yeah not bad. got lots of vibe to it. didnt get on with the tip though' you now how i like my hard nilis

Comment

• Lovely looking maple cue J6, whats the silver/grey at the butt end, a protector or is it just the light making the wood look a different colour?

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                        Lovely looking maple cue J6, whats the silver/grey at the butt end, a protector or is it just the light making the wood look a different colour?

thanks, seems players are getting into maple more theses days..
                        yeah what your seeing there is the light catching the bevel and leather

Comment

• [QUOTE=j6uk;930551]thanks for that m8.. no no that cue is being weighted. be looking end of next week till thats on the table

No worries Jason. Will be waiting eagerly to have a look. Thanks very much mate, and keep up the great work. Your reputation and hard work is gaining credit and accolades where it's long overdue. Cheers

Comment

• Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                            No worries Jason. Will be waiting eagerly to have a look. Thanks very much mate, and keep up the great work. Your reputation and hard work is gaining credit and accolades where it's long overdue. Cheers
                            cheers win, will be on here as soon as its ready for the baize

Comment

• maple and hard tips are not good bedfellows jay

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                                maple and hard tips are not good bedfellows jay
                                not worked with maple enough but, you could be right golf.
                                i do hope to have some cut, seasoned and shaped by the end of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X